Want more information about this university?

Does Lancaster choose who you will stay with in accommodation?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Do you not get to choose who to stay with at Lancaster? It's cuz there was no option gievn on the application?
Emily2001x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Some people that I know put the name and student number of the person that they wanted to share with in the additional comments box to request that they wanted to be in a flat with that particular person.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do you not get to choose who to stay with at Lancaster? It's cuz there was no option gievn on the application?
Hi Anonymous#1,

Generally, when applying for accommodation on campus, the university will try and match up your preferences (in terms of college and room type) as much as possible, which means that you are likely to end up with people you don't know.

However, if you are coming to university with specific others, in the additional requirements section on the accommodation form, it's always worth requesting to be in the same flat/building/college as someone, although this can't be guaranteed. I know in later years, if students want to return to campus or remain living on campus, they will often request to be put in flats with their friends, and the university will try and match everyone as much as they can.

That said, I would said that part of the university experience is the experience of living with complete strangers. It may seem scary at first, but it's a good way to make new friends, and you'll meet people with whom you'll have never crossed paths otherwise.

If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help!

Maria
1st year English Literature, Creative Writing and Practice (placement year)
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hi Anonymous#1,

Generally, when applying for accommodation on campus, the university will try and match up your preferences (in terms of college and room type) as much as possible, which means that you are likely to end up with people you don't know.

However, if you are coming to university with specific others, in the additional requirements section on the accommodation form, it's always worth requesting to be in the same flat/building/college as someone, although this can't be guaranteed. I know in later years, if students want to return to campus or remain living on campus, they will often request to be put in flats with their friends, and the university will try and match everyone as much as they can.

That said, I would said that part of the university experience is the experience of living with complete strangers. It may seem scary at first, but it's a good way to make new friends, and you'll meet people with whom you'll have never crossed paths otherwise.

If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help!

Maria
1st year English Literature, Creative Writing and Practice (placement year)
Thank you!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (173)
38.19%
Take autumn exams (141)
31.13%
Look for a job (16)
3.53%
Consider an apprenticeship (20)
4.42%
Take a year out (76)
16.78%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
5.96%

Watched Threads