DWP Work Coach vacancies July & Sept 2020

Watch
Annhay
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
I've been a student, employed, unemployed ect. many times. I'm not intending to judge students...i just know the kind of people they're going to be often dealing with. But as you say I get the service is changing, more online ect, The times i'm talking about could hopefully be seen as almost the bad old days.
Fair enough! Most people are just starting there Employment journey so let’s just try and be positive! focus on what this thread is for.
Aysha98x
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've been a student, employed, unemployed ect. many times. I'm not intending to judge students...i just know the kind of people they're going to be often dealing with. But as you say I get the service is changing, more online ect, The times i'm talking about could hopefully be seen as almost the bad old days.
You have good say, but I think it’s a good opportunity from my experience. You obviously learn with time. You get the odd difficult people but customer service is essential and there is a lot of support from colleagues.
Vexper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Honest question, not trying to annoy, but how can recent graduates be effective work coaches for the unemployed? Don't they need industry and varied career experience? I wouldn't take a 20 odd year old coach seriously :/ )
There is more incentive to find people with positive behaviours to support a diverse caseload of claimants all with potential complex needs which vary in how much it will impact their life. They can learn the district provisions and what opportunities are floating around through the many stakeholders DWP have or what programmes they deliver. It takes a lifetime to unpick negative behaviours which will cause major problems even if you have a wealth of experience to offer. The ideal customer experience is a smooth journey, even if there's a sacrifice in that it may be a longer journey due to inexperience in the labour market on behalf of the Work Coach. Worst case is a claimant disengaging or coming to harm because of poor behaviours from the Work Coach. Those claimants who are experienced often may just need upskilling in the tools to market themselves or someone to motivate and believe in them. Steelworks collapsing brought a lot of highly skilled workers onto working benefits who had never had to market themselves before due to always being in the same line of work since they were young and were shellshocked with the change, as an example.

I think a key thing where recent grads may excel is that a modern benefit like UC is predominantly digital. The labour market has evolved from the old days of banging in CV's and getting call backs. Many places won't even take a CV anymore. Recruitment has mostly moved online in a strict process to follow - it's advertised on things such as social media. You will find that the ageing stranglehold of tech dinosaurs filling vacancies in the public sector who still dream of sitting in murky open plan offices filling in endless forms by hand rather than learning how to use Linkedin is now fading. Many more digital-savvy staff are coming in and recent grads can play a big part in that if they have positive behaviours.

Ultimately I would say life experience and positive behaviours is much more important than work experience, as members of the public all have their own journeys full of different problems which you need to appreciate and take into consideration. Personally I think the role title is a red herring, the ultimate goal is to transition claimants into being financial independent but the journey to get there may involve months or even years of working through a whole host of other issues - someone with no fixed abode on balance of probability may not be in a position to be instantly flying through Indeed smashing applications in all day long. It may take months of supporting them to secure housing - seeking employment can be almost be a side story in the customer journey depending on their circumstances. That's why I think it's important to focus more on the positive behaivours and not just being someone who has worked across multiple industries or something like what you are referring to - you get more bang for your buck across the board.
keeks678
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, how did your interview go?? Ive got mine tomorrow, quite nervous!
keeks678
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Annhay)
I sent a message to Hr as I was the same tired of checking everyday. Apparently they have had a huge a volume of applications. Good luck!
Did you get a response?
keeks678
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RJNJI)
Hi every1. Im new here but rlly wanted to post about the dwp wc job recruitment. Im in london and i applied way back in july and havent heard anything. Interview is done too. I wonder y its taking ages. I think i haven't got a place as ppl sound like they are getting offers 😔
Hi, did you hear back yet?
RJNJI
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by keeks678)
Hi, did you hear back yet?
No. I just saw the update in the cs portal removing the feedback. I think a few ppl have said that the feedback has been removed for them which might mean shifting is happening. I only noticed today. What about you?
Le1gh82
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RJNJI)
No. I just saw the update in the cs portal removing the feedback. I think a few ppl have said that the feedback has been removed for them which might mean shifting is happening. I only noticed today. What about you?
I dont think anyone from London has heard back yet. I had 5 days to complete mine so by the 10th august so i reckon interviews are taking place to at least then
keeks678
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RJNJI)
I receieved an email last week inviting me to an online video interview, after having received an invite to take part in an "optional" survey for their recruitment.

Will gdo the interview today ahead of Mondays deadline! Was hoping someone had done it already so i can get an idea of potential questions. All the best!
deepbluecici
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GloomyBear258)
I applied for the EO role for DWP. Had my interview on Sunday. I don’t feel like the interview went well. I was so nervous! Have to just wait and see now though. Annoyed at myself as DWP hardly ever have vacancies and if I don’t make it this time I might be waiting a while before I get another opportunity.

I’m currently an AO for HMRC. Not sure if I done well enough to progress to EO yet.
Sorry to hear it didn’t go well, just remember everyone is nervous at interview - it shows you want the job! Do you remember what the questions were? I have my interview to do by Thursday and I’m trying to prep but I’ve just moved house and it’s just stressing me out!
ihan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Business23456)
It will ask your a strength based and then a success profile based question, the strength based questions are quick fired questions meaning you cannot prepare for these. They give you 5 seconds to answer the strength based and 30 seconds to answer the successProfile based such as “give an example of when you delivered at pace”. Make sure you read the job description, study the job description so you know it inside out. Pick out the buzz words and use them to your advantage. Read the person specification too, that’s the vital aspect of any interview. Good luck.
Hi,

You just gave a question hypothetically right? As far as I am aware, we are not responsible for delivering at peace
Business23456
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ihan)
Hi,

You just gave a question hypothetically right? As far as I am aware, we are not responsible for delivering at peace
Yes, this was just an example 😂
keeks678
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by deepbluecici)
Sorry to hear it didn’t go well, just remember everyone is nervous at interview - it shows you want the job! Do you remember what the questions were? I have my interview to do by Thursday and I’m trying to prep but I’ve just moved house and it’s just stressing me out!
Had mine today - so nerve wracking. Definetely practice communicating and influence, Effective decisions and managaing a quality service. Other questions are strength based and will be random. One of mine for example was would you say you offer sound judgement/advice? Like wth!? lol
makkurokurosuke
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Whoever did the interview - do you look directly into the camera or do you just look at the screen when you're recording?
keeks678
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by makkurokurosuke)
Whoever did the interview - do you look directly into the camera or do you just look at the screen when you're recording?
I looked straight into the camera, the woman in the beginning of the video will advise you to do so
Aysha98x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by makkurokurosuke)
You should be looking into the camera and try not to look at yourself on the screen
Jacksonjaggs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Please, how long does each behaviour question last for? Some are saying 3mins and others saying 5mins, please what's the actual time?
deepbluecici
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by keeks678)
Had mine today - so nerve wracking. Definetely practice communicating and influence, Effective decisions and managaing a quality service. Other questions are strength based and will be random. One of mine for example was would you say you offer sound judgement/advice? Like wth!? lol
It’s the random questions that will trip me up...they could literally ask anything! I mean if you didn’t think you offered good advice you probably wouldn’t be applying for a work coach job haha. Thanks for the heads up and best of luck to you
Aysha98x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by deepbluecici)
It’s the random questions that will trip me up...they could literally ask anything! I mean if you didn’t think you offered good advice you probably wouldn’t be applying for a work coach job haha. Thanks for the heads up and best of luck to you
The random questions aren’t to trick you. The strength based questions are to see your initial response, and your actual stengths to see if you are the right candidate. They’re only meant to be a few sentences which is why they give you 5 seconds to think. Be yourself in these questions. The whole purpose of them is for you to be yourself and say what you feel. They’ll ask any question or make a statement and you have to say what you feel what your response would be. It can be a question like ‘do you prefer starting a task or ending a task?’ There’s no right answer. As long as you show your first response and explain why, they will not mark you down for it. If they feel you have rehearsed any of these and you’re not showing your natural response, they may mark you down.
Lou1356
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I had my video interview Does anyone know how long you hear back from them?
Last edited by Lou1356; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (82)
31.06%
Less motivated (182)
68.94%

Watched Threads