DWP Work Coach vacancies July & Sept 2020

Watch
Hayliebear
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anne1082)
Hi! I had my video interview on Sunday. Does anyone know how long you hear back from them?
I’ve been waiting 4 weeks tomorrow. Good luck with your application
Lou1356
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hayliebear)
I’ve been waiting 4 weeks tomorrow. Good luck with your application
That’s a long time!
Last edited by Lou1356; 1 month ago
Aysha98x
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I had my video interview on Sunday. Does anyone know how long you hear back from them?
I applied for the internal jobs and interviews finished a month ago, still waiting. Depends on the area you applied for but I think it will take a while
Aysha98x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hayliebear)
I know, it’s a painful wait but I’ve stopped checking my phone multiple times an hour now. I contacted GRS and they said to keep checking for ‘regular updates’. I haven’t had any updates so far in the whole 4 weeks. Regarding the strengths, hindsight is a wonderful thing, just not when it wakes you up at all times of night!! I reckon I’ve come up with at least 10 different ways of how I could have answered the strengths better. That was the worst part of the interview in my opinion. They felt like trick questions.
Strengths seem tricky, but the key is just being yourself and if they can see that, your scores will be good enough.
Jadelyndsey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there! I'm doing mine this week. The job advert for North East said they're hoping for September start, so I would think they'll be pretty quick!

Can I ask, I've been talking to my camera to try and get comfortable with speaking at a lense haha and I just wondered if there is visible timer on screen throughout all parts of the interview or do they just do like a 5 second countdown when approaching the end?
Lou1356
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jadelyndsey)
Hi there! I'm doing mine this week. The job advert for North East said they're hoping for September start, so I would think they'll be pretty quick!

Can I ask, I've been talking to my camera to try and get comfortable with speaking at a lense haha and I just wondered if there is visible timer on screen throughout all parts of the interview or do they just do like a 5 second countdown when approaching the end?
Good luck with your interview!
Yes you’ll have a timer on the screen
Last edited by Lou1356; 1 month ago
Jadelyndsey
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good luck with your interview!
Yes you’ll have a timer on the screen..you’ll have 3 minutes for the behaviour and 2 for the strengths.
You do have time inbetween the questions as well..you’ll have to click continue when you are ready to answer the next question..I hope that makes sense!
Oh that makes perfect sense, thank you! I was thinking of setting up my phone with timer but then thought that would be an added distraction if I get a text or whatever midway and don't have any other devices to use!

Have you done the interview? I don't want to know questions as know they'll all be different, but what I'm curious to know if if they differentiate the behaviour in the questions, i.e. will they do the header of: "Managing a Quality service" then "Explain a time where delivered outstanding customer service" or do you need to interpet the question yourself? I think in that particular case you could look at that as communicating and influencing or managing a quality service. I've read a few questions online that could come under one or all three of the behaviours and I worry I may not have the right type of examples left for the rest of the questions. Does that make sense? I would imagine it should hopefully be immediately clear what behaviour they want to see, but just curious as to how it is presented?
Jadelyndsey
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did a run through with my questions with a timer before the interview just to see how i was for time.. I would definitely do it just for you to have an estimate how long you are speaking for.
I thought the same with my questions..I wasn’t sure if they were going to fit the question they were going to be asking...but in all fairness they did fit my examples. As long as you got everything relating to the 3 behaviours you’ll be able to put the example to the question..
I think you’ll be fine! I did over think mine waaaay too much in the end I just had to get it over with haha!
I needed to read this - thanks so much for your response!

Ah, I've been doing a run through tonight! One of them is about 4 minutes, so I bought some highlighters today and will try pulling out the most relevant points towards the the success profiles tomorrow and then try again! Booked a half day on Wednesday (was hoping Thursday as will have house to myself on Thursday but can't get it off work unfortunately ) and hoping to do the interview on Wednesday afternoon!

Glad your examples worked! I think you're right. Just make sure they're robust enough and cover the points needed and should be fine! Where have you applied Anne? x
Lou1356
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I needed to read this - thanks so much for your response!

Ah, I've been doing a run through tonight! One of them is about 4 minutes, so I bought some highlighters today and will try pulling out the most relevant points towards the the success profiles tomorrow and then try again! Booked a half day on Wednesday (was hoping Thursday as will have house to myself on Thursday but can't get it off work unfortunately ) and hoping to do the interview on Wednesday afternoon!

Glad your examples worked! I think you're right. Just make sure they're robust enough and cover the points needed and should be fine! Where have you applied Anne? x
I think mine came to about 2 minutes 20 seconds. I just hope I wasn’t speaking too quick 🙈
Awhh good luck! You’ll be fine! I was so nervous but I just had to do it so it was over with..I couldn’t practice anymore haha.
Yes as long as they relate to the 3 behaviours you can’t really go wrong..you’ll have to let me know how you do. It surprising how quick the interview will go it will be over before you know it.
I’ve applied for South Wales. What about you?
Lewshee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I assume that we need to take a scan of our documents (passport, license etc) to upload as well as showing them in the interview?
Le1gh82
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lewshee)
I assume that we need to take a scan of our documents (passport, license etc) to upload as well as showing them in the interview?
Omg you've just reminded me of how much of a plank I looked trying to hold my ID up against my face 🙈🙈🙈🙈
Lewshee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Le1gh82)
Omg you've just reminded me of how much of a plank I looked trying to hold my ID up against my face 🙈🙈🙈🙈
I’m so confused about the holding it up bit! Surely they can’t make out all the details on our documents via a webcam!?
Le1gh82
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lewshee)
I’m so confused about the holding it up bit! Surely they can’t make out all the details on our documents via a webcam!?
Literally after you have to scan everything so i think its just to make sure its the same doc
Mattjg
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've just done my video interview. North West region. I did a similar interview for a HMRC customer service consultant role I applied for but obviously this is EO level so a step up.

Not gonna lie was quite hard! I froze on the first question as I was nervous which is apparently not marked as it's just a warming up question. Hopefully my answers were good enough for each of the behaviours.
deepbluecici
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mattjg)
I've just done my video interview. North West region. I did a similar interview for a HMRC customer service consultant role I applied for but obviously this is EO level so a step up.

Not gonna lie was quite hard! I froze on the first question as I was nervous which is apparently not marked as it's just a warming up question. Hopefully my answers were good enough for each of the behaviours.
When they ask the questions do the simply say...”Tell me about a time you used communicating and influencing skills?” Or do they word the questions completely differently for each behaviour? Best of luck to you x
Mattjg
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by deepbluecici)
When they ask the questions do the simply say...”Tell me about a time you used communicating and influencing skills?” Or do they word the questions completely differently for each behaviour? Best of luck to you x
It was along the lines of when you've had to deal with a difficult situation, for example, which would relate to the 'making effective decisions' behaviour. Guessing they do word them differently to stop people having an unfair advantage if they have made a previous application. Just make sure you've got an example for each of the three - communicating and influencing, managing a quality service and the above. You too x
Aysha98x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They can start questions with How would you.. Tell me a time when.. Describe a time when.. Have you.. Give me an example of..

(Original post by deepbluecici)
Jadelyndsey
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mattjg)
It was along the lines of when you've had to deal with a difficult situation, for example, which would relate to the 'making effective decisions' behaviour. Guessing they do word them differently to stop people having an unfair advantage if they have made a previous application. Just make sure you've got an example for each of the three - communicating and influencing, managing a quality service and the above. You too x
I think this is what is stressing me out, I have an example for making an effective decision (highlighting an unpopular decision which became a difficult conversation but ultimately was the right one with evidence to support that) and also for communicating and influencing (an angry customer who left calm and thankful) so really both of those situations are "difficult situations" and it's the difficult part that illustrates my behaviours.

If a question in my interview was "tell me about a difficult situation" I don't think it would be clear which behaviour they are referencing, unless they made it explicit...
Mystery87
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What area did you apply for?
deepbluecici
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think this is what is stressing me out, I have an example for making an effective decision (highlighting an unpopular decision which became a difficult conversation but ultimately was the right one with evidence to support that) and also for communicating and influencing (an angry customer who left calm and thankful) so really both of those situations are "difficult situations" and it's the difficult part that illustrates my behaviours.

If a question in my interview was "tell me about a difficult situation" I don't think it would be clear which behaviour they are referencing, unless they made it explicit...
I know it’s so hard!! You don’t wanna use an example only to find it would have fit the next question even better...just got to go with what you feel fits at the time. Good luck x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (82)
31.06%
Less motivated (182)
68.94%

Watched Threads