Lucy:lu
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I wanted to know if anyone who's completed a BTEC level 3 Applied science course can go on to do a Natural science course in Uni because some want a math A level to go with your BTEC grades.
Is there a way to do it without an A level math or a way around this ??
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lucy:lu)
Hi, I wanted to know if anyone who's completed a BTEC level 3 Applied science course can go on to do a Natural science course in Uni because some want a math A level to go with your BTEC grades.
Is there a way to do it without an A level math or a way around this ??
Hi, I've just had a quick look and some universities don't specify any A-level requirement alongside a BTEC - such as this one. I know it might not be the case everywhere though.

One thing to note on the link above is that they consider these qualifications on a case by case basis, so even if it asks for an A-level, it might be worth enquiring with them anyway to see if they'd accept the BTEC on its own.

Out of curiosity, which universities are you considering?
Lucy:lu
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Hi, I've just had a quick look and some universities don't specify any A-level requirement alongside a BTEC - such as this one. I know it might not be the case everywhere though.

One thing to note on the link above is that they consider these qualifications on a case by case basis, so even if it asks for an A-level, it might be worth enquiring with them anyway to see if they'd accept the BTEC on its own.

Out of curiosity, which universities are you considering?
University of bath and University of Exeter
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lucy:lu)
University of bath and University of Exeter
Sorry I realise I missed the link off my original reply. The university I'd look at was Lancaster and I know it's definitely not the area you are looking, but the principle still applies. It's worth getting in touch with those universities and asking what they would consider in your specific situation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (207)
39.2%
Take autumn exams (158)
29.92%
Look for a job (19)
3.6%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.17%
Take a year out (90)
17.05%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
6.06%

Watched Threads