The Student Room Group

Primary education- Stirling uni, Glasgow uni, Edinburgh uni, Dundee uni, Aberdeen uni

People just give me all the information you have about Stirling uni and I’d primary education at Stirling, I also really want to learn more about the primary education at Dundee, Aberdeen, Edinburgh(Which I know is with Gaelic) and glasgow(which I know is a 5 years masters)
Help please!
Right now my preference sits at;
Stirling
Aberdeen
Edinburgh
Dundee
Glasgow
I don’t care who you are but if you have any information or any of these unis and or these unis primary education courses then please let me know! Xx
(edited 3 years ago)
I’m assuming it’s too late and you’ve made a decision? If not, I am going into my third year at Dundee and I could not recommend it highly enough!
Reply 2
Original post by Georgiamarie26
I’m assuming it’s too late and you’ve made a decision? If not, I am going into my third year at Dundee and I could not recommend it highly enough!

I’ve not made a decision, I’m applying this year actually very soon!
I think Dundee is a great uni but not my top option at the moment.
What are you studying? Primary education?
I’d love to learn more!!
Thank you!
Reply 3
Hi Elsie! I’m in first year at Dundee doing primary education and I love it! This year I seen the education course was rated best in Scotland by the guardian table and 4th in the whole of the UK. Obviously go with what’s best for you though, my top reason for picking Dundee was so I could stay at home (and the placement every year I don’t think any other uni offers that but sadly doesn’t seem like it will happen this year). Georgia I’m sure I recognise your name from when I won the voucher and free membership from the education Facebook - I could be wrong haha.
Reply 4
Original post by RjaneM
Hi Elsie! I’m in first year at Dundee doing primary education and I love it! This year I seen the education course was rated best in Scotland by the guardian table and 4th in the whole of the UK. Obviously go with what’s best for you though, my top reason for picking Dundee was so I could stay at home (and the placement every year I don’t think any other uni offers that but sadly doesn’t seem like it will happen this year). Georgia I’m sure I recognise your name from when I won the voucher and free membership from the education Facebook - I could be wrong haha.

Thats v cool!
if you don’t mind could I ask a few questions?-
do you get to take modules and if so what are the options, and is switching onto a different course relatively easy?
also what are the placement times for primary teaching, on the web it doesn’t specify how many weeks in each year?
thank you!
Elsis
Reply 5
Original post by elsiemay16
Thats v cool!
if you don’t mind could I ask a few questions?-
do you get to take modules and if so what are the options, and is switching onto a different course relatively easy?
also what are the placement times for primary teaching, on the web it doesn’t specify how many weeks in each year?
thank you!
Elsis

I replied to the other primary education applicant discussion and tried to tag you so hopefully I answered your question about the modules! You take one elective module every year. I’m not sure about switching courses but I know of someone who originally wanted to do primary ed but was unsuccessful so is now doing community education for first year and is now doing an application to switch over so I think it is possible!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending