RaspberryGal77
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tylermunroooo)
Ahh, I hope you get it, whats your firm?
Thank you It's Bristol and my insurance is KCL.
Not feeling too hopeful on getting in anymore though - from the sounds of it, HL Chem has royally screwed people over this year ahhh
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sumi Shanks)
Got mine dropped by 3 🤦🏾*♀️
I'm so sorry to hear that. Are you still ok for your Firm?
(Original post by anonymous240)
I am a very capable student and have never been one to do badly on exams. However, the school I went to had some weaker subject areas than others. I was predicted 38-42 and I got a 33. I am not stupid, I mean I got an A in my Biology Extended Essay. However, most of the subjects that I took my school did the worst in last year, and therefore my grades went down. I have really been let down by the IB algorithm and will now have to resit. At least now I have five months to revise for resits and I can really knuckle down and focus, but it is definitely annoying not to have the ability to just move on and go to university this time round. In conclusion, isn't it unfair to base me, an individual, on the cohort of 2019. Thank you Corona. I hope to come back in January with the result I feel that I deserve. Good luck to the people who are finding their results tomorrow! If it doesn't go so well think of it as an opportunity to spend all this time perfecting the grades you have.
I am so sorry to hear that your grades are lower than the school was predicting.
Sumi Shanks
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RaspberryGal77)
I'm so sorry - did you still meet your uni offer?
Have to wait to get subject breakdown. I’m really scared
fsoci3ty
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
******** bricks right now omfg
I'm predicted 45 (HL:math physics econ, SL:chem,spanish ab initio,eng LAL, TOK:B, math EE:A)
imperial offer 42 total, 777 in HL
fked up my math and physics IA.... , got low 6 on both (graded by my school's teacher)
heard stories of ppl dropping grades by 9 plus my school seems to have a record of overprediction(plus this year there's this policy where the PGs are always higher or equal to the IA grades)
anyone got their grades already?
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good luck to all those getting their results today :rave:
Mhex
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Predicted a 39 got it dropped 8 points lower! Fkd up
fsoci3ty
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mhex)
holy **** that shouldn't be legal, i'm scared **** now
Mhex
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fsoci3ty)
holy **** that shouldn't be legal, i'm scared **** now
Nah youd do good, the only thing I’m worried about is that I didn’t reach any of my university’s conditional grades.
hmnk
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anonymous240)
I am a very capable student and have never been one to do badly on exams. However, the school I went to had some weaker subject areas than others. I was predicted 38-42 and I got a 33. I am not stupid, I mean I got an A in my Biology Extended Essay. However, most of the subjects that I took my school did the worst in last year, and therefore my grades went down. I have really been let down by the IB algorithm and will now have to resit. At least now I have five months to revise for resits and I can really knuckle down and focus, but it is definitely annoying not to have the ability to just move on and go to university this time round. In conclusion, isn't it unfair to base me, an individual, on the cohort of 2019. Thank you Corona. I hope to come back in January with the result I feel that I deserve. Good luck to the people who are finding their results tomorrow! If it doesn't go so well think of it as an opportunity to spend all this time perfecting the grades you have.
I completely understand. I might lose my university place because I was given a 4 in English however, I needed a 5. This is very unfair since my prediction was a 5, and I always got straight 5s in mock exams. this makes no sense. I also got one mark lower for business but the other subjects were what I expected. In total, I was predicted a 41 but I got a 39. If my uni rejects me, I'm gonna ask for a remark in English and if they don't change the grade, I will have to apply to another uni which is just so unfair. I have been dreaming about going to this uni and this whole situation is making me so sad.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fingers crossed for everyone! :hugs:
BedfordMom
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wishing everyone the very best of luck.
Whedwards
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Im predicted 43 but after hearing everyone’s stories I’m no longer as hopeful haha
学生の父
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mhex)
So sorry to hear that. Have you received your subject breakdown yet?
(Original post by hmnk)
I completely understand. I might lose my university place because I was given a 4 in English however, I needed a 5. This is very unfair since my prediction was a 5, and I always got straight 5s in mock exams. this makes no sense. I also got one mark lower for business but the other subjects were what I expected. In total, I was predicted a 41 but I got a 39. If my uni rejects me, I'm gonna ask for a remark in English and if they don't change the grade, I will have to apply to another uni which is just so unfair. I have been dreaming about going to this uni and this whole situation is making me so sad.
39 is still a very solid result; well done. Was the 5 in English required to meet a subject offer, or the language requirement?
dontcarelol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
mine dropped 4 points.. theres a slight chance ill get into my firm
Thomas152
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
looking at these stories above definitely makes me worried. Although I do feel like my IAs were good, you can't help the feeling that the IB will screw you over. Especially since my uni conditionals are quite close to my predicted
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Best of luck everyone! We are here to help you if you need anything!
学生の父
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dontcarelol)
mine dropped 4 points.. theres a slight chance ill get into my firm
Sorry to hear that. Did you miss your offer conditions by much?
RaspberryGal77
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone know what UK unis response has been to the IB grades? I really hope they’ll be more lenient, considering the circumstances, and how the algorithm has definitely benefited some students more than others.

I don’t have my results yet, but I’m really preparing for the worst right now ahh.
xCaHx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
so scared rn, i'm applying in clearing too so i've been scrolling through vacancies but tbh it looks like i'll have to wait until scottish results/a level results day to find a place.

Clearing Plus is currently recommending me all kinds of crap, if they can see my grades already i'm actually a failure lol
Euphoria101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by xCaHx)
so scared rn, i'm applying in clearing too so i've been scrolling through vacancies but tbh it looks like i'll have to wait until scottish results/a level results day to find a place.

Clearing Plus is currently recommending me all kinds of crap, if they can see my grades already i'm actually a failure lol
How come you have to wait?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (170)
58.02%
No they should not (88)
30.03%
Abstain (35)
11.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed