The Student Room Group

Can I take Russian Studies at University when I only got a 5 inmy German

The required entry is a 6. However:
I am fluent in Korean
I got a 9 in english language
I took an extra-curricular Spanish enrichment programme at my College

All of these things aside, how flexible are required grades? Will strong A-levels account for this?

Im really stuck because there's honestly nothing else I want to do at Uni.
Original post by opkd
I am fluent in Korean

All of these things aside, how flexible are required grades? Will strong A-levels account for this?

https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/results/providers?searchTerm=russian%20studies&destination=Undergraduate&distanceFromPostcode=25&studyYear=2020&sort=MostRelevant

Just check entrance requirements and it will be far more on your A levels.
Original post by opkd
I am fluent in Korean

Are you a bilingual speaker of Korean and English? If so, it's not really concrete proof that you would be able to do a degree in foreign languages as I'm assuming they ask for a 6 to make sure you'd be competent enough to learn a foreign language within a classroom setting, especially for an incredibly difficult language like Russian. Grade 9 in English Language doesn't really do much either (unless you moved to the UK after you were around 10 and weren't fluent prior to that).

In any case, best to check the universities' websites as advised above. If in doubt, feel free to email each Russian Studies' admissions' team directly and enquire. :fluffy:
Bit confused why a GCSE grade will matter much? What uni is this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending