The Student Room Group

resources for a level english

I'm trying to prepare for september, but am fining it really hard to find resources!!If anyone knows any, id be so grateful.

im doing the handmaids tale, othello, streetcar and frankenstein. (edexcel) :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
I studied these texts exactly this year though I was on a different exam board. The revision guides that are sold for each of these are quite good, though they were never my favourite I know a lot of people in my class liked them! I used cliff notes for chapter summaries for the majority of texts, I found it was good enough for A-Level! I imagine Youtube can be quite helpful for these too.

It’s really hard to remember what I used to do but don’t stress yourself out too much this summer! When I started year 12 they changed the texts we were studying without telling us and we still got on okay! I hope you enjoy the texts, I really enjoyed Othello, though Shakespeare isn’t everyone’s favourite, and though it took me a while to like The Handmaid’s Tale I finally do.
Good luck with starting A-Levels :smile:
Original post by sparkypreston
I studied these texts exactly this year though I was on a different exam board. The revision guides that are sold for each of these are quite good, though they were never my favourite I know a lot of people in my class liked them! I used cliff notes for chapter summaries for the majority of texts, I found it was good enough for A-Level! I imagine Youtube can be quite helpful for these too.

It’s really hard to remember what I used to do but don’t stress yourself out too much this summer! When I started year 12 they changed the texts we were studying without telling us and we still got on okay! I hope you enjoy the texts, I really enjoyed Othello, though Shakespeare isn’t everyone’s favourite, and though it took me a while to like The Handmaid’s Tale I finally do.
Good luck with starting A-Levels :smile:

thank you so much, really useful info! :smile::smile:
also a good tip is keep track of quotes you like as you read it the first time (like highlighting). And don’t just read the texts once. I probably read them about 3 times and I still missed so many good quotes!! I really hope this helps you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest