The Student Room Group

Any tips for GCSE art?

I really want to get an A but the highest my teacher has ever given anyone is a C, am I being too ambitious? I've been told i'm quite good at art but I'm not sure and want to pursue it as a career since there's nothing I love more.

I was wondering if there's any tips that could help me up potential marks
(I'm going into yr 11 after Sept)
hiya, i’m year 11 (well, WAS!) and i didn’t take art for gcse but what i do know is don’t let teachers set your targets or ambitions! they actually underestimate a lot of students potential like my friends predicted grade for art was a 5 (high C) in year 10 and now it’s an 8 (A*)!! things change especially in year 11 because your teachers will probably start to work you harder so you’ll end up getting better results.

aim for whatever grade YOU want to get, not the teachers and defo dont base it off what your friends want to get! good luck x
Reply 2
Follow your teacher's advice. Even great artists don't get the marks if they don't fulfil the assessment criteria.
as compost said, 100% follow what the teacher asks you to do- even if you hate the idea. I was guilty of that and I think my grade has suffered due to it (been predicted a high 7 since the start of year 11). Remember to link all your art to a theme and an artist (even better if you can link 2 or 3 artists to one piece!), and show a development of your ideas through writing, medium trials, colour palette experiments etc. For artist research, don't write too much waffle: find the objective requirements and stick to them. Also, don't do an artist copy- we were always told that a piece made from your own references in the artists style would get more marks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending