Piers Morgan pounds a pint at 6am on tv .. calls for him to be sacked

Watch
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Seems a touch petty on both sides here but hey, makes for amusing tv if nothing else :lol:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...jv2ya32KVc64wM
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Acht much as i generally can't stand the guy I don't care enough. One of the best bits of an early morning pint is the outrage it generates. It's one of the reasons I like to pop into early morning pubs once in a blue moon, just to get a beer by the window and toast the workers on their way to offices :cool:
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Piers Morgan is a funny one ain't he. Bit ********ish though.

To Susanna Reid saying it's 6:30 in the morning I'd just reply 'Not in New York Susanna' and be done with it.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm more on the side of he should never have been employed in the first place than he should be fired for this, but if the end result is he's out of work then that's fine.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I can't understand the problem.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think I will stick to BBC Breakfast in the morning. Never really forgiven Piers Morgan for the reason he was sacked by the Daily Mirror, and although Susanna Reid is a fairly yummy mummy, I can cope without seeing her whilst eating breakfast.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Early morning drinking isn't socially acceptable?
News to me
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I was thinking he must have chugged it in one.

ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Who's he trying to appeal to? LADBible readers?
Joinedup
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
Who's he trying to appeal to? LADBible readers?
(Original post by barnetlad)
I think I will stick to BBC Breakfast in the morning. Never really forgiven Piers Morgan for the reason he was sacked by the Daily Mirror, and although Susanna Reid is a fairly yummy mummy, I can cope without seeing her whilst eating breakfast.
Us inter-mo-llectuals should listen to the Today programme on Radio 4 :yep:
Tom_Jacobs
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Seems a touch petty on both sides here but hey, makes for amusing tv if nothing else :lol:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...jv2ya32KVc64wM
Six o'clock in the morning is a disgusting time to drink alcohol, but it is his choice. People are too quick to judge.
ThatGuy89
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Breakfast and a beer? Tis a national past time for us nightworkers! To declare it as outrageous is an insensitivity to our class of worker! Justice for nightworkers! 😋😂
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tom_Jacobs)
Six o'clock in the morning is a disgusting time to drink alcohol, but it is his choice. People are too quick to judge.
What...so you're sitting there not judging and being disgusted? :confused:

How can an arbitrary line on a subjective clock disgust?
Tom_Jacobs
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
What...so you're sitting there not judging and being disgusted? :confused:

How can an arbitrary line on a subjective clock disgust?
I believe it is disgusting to drink early every morning, but once in a blue moon is fine. Though people are too judgmental, so I still have a valid point.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tom_Jacobs)
I believe it is disgusting to drink early every morning, but once in a blue moon is fine. Though people are too judgmental, so I still have a valid point.
You didn't mention this 'every morning, but in a blue moon is fine' bit before tho? You just blanket stated it was disgusting, how is that not judging?
Tom_Jacobs
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
You didn't mention this 'every morning, but in a blue moon is fine' bit before tho? You just blanket stated it was disgusting, how is that not judging?
I'm saying people are too judgmental, but I never excluded myself from those people, what I'm saying is people need to learn to not judge a book by its cover. When I added the 'blue moon' part, I only meant it is fine to drink early once in a while, but not frequently.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Joinedup)
Us inter-mo-llectuals should listen to the Today programme on Radio 4 :yep:
I suppose the Today programme on radio 4 must do something right, as the Government are too scared to appear on it. For which the BBC should make a bigger deal of, such as announcing this or putting it on tv screens on any show that a minister appears on.
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Help, I’ve found myself agreeing with Piers Morgan A LOT recently
Hudds999
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Piers Morgan is an utter ****, who I ****ing detest with a passion. But, this is bloody ridiculous 😂.
-Eirlys-
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The bosses gave him the beer, so why are they trying to get him sacked? They should complain to the bosses.
It's sad that people complain about this sort of thing. And it's always immediately "get them sacked"!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (80)
38.28%
Take autumn exams (71)
33.97%
Look for a job (6)
2.87%
Consider an apprenticeship (7)
3.35%
Take a year out (32)
15.31%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.22%

Watched Threads