The Student Room Group

Ask an American anything 🇺🇸

Scroll to see replies

What does you country think of Donald Trump, Brexit and do your citizens want an EU passport?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Other_Owl
What does you country think of Donald Trump, Brexit and do your citizens want an EU passport?

1. About 60% of us hate him with our whole heart
2. We don’t really understand it because we can’t conceptualize what it means for you or the EU since we don’t have any equivalent here really. Generally we think it was a bad idea.
3. No most people want to live here but those of us that hate Trump may look into getting dual citizenship somewhere else (not necessarily the EU though)
Reply 82
Are you embarrassed or ashamed to be American, considering the current social, economic and political crises occurring in the USA?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by emmageddon
1. About 60% of us hate him with our whole heart
2. We don’t really understand it because we can’t conceptualize what it means for you or the EU since we don’t have any equivalent here really. Generally we think it was a bad idea.
3. No most people want to live here but those of us that hate Trump may look into getting dual citizenship somewhere else (not necessarily the EU though)

What do you personally think about that Karen in The Ramble getting a 'filing a false report' charge against her by the NYPD?
Original post by emmageddon
Happy Fourth of July! I had a lot of fun doing this before so go forth and ask an American anything!

What do you think of the British accent?

When an American person talks to me I immediately think they're smarter than me and louder.
Original post by Deggs_14
Are you embarrassed or ashamed to be American, considering the current social, economic and political crises occurring in the USA?

Yes and no. I’m embarrassed to be associated with Trumpism and stupidity but there are things I’m proud of too (like our national park system for example)
Original post by Reality Check
What do you personally think about that Karen in The Ramble getting a 'filing a false report' charge against her by the NYPD?

She only got what was coming for her 🤷*♀️
Original post by samsam30
What do you think of the British accent?

When an American person talks to me I immediately think they're smarter than me and louder.

Lol that’s hilarious I think some of our accents sound so dumb 😂
I like British accents on the whole. Some more than others, but each accent evokes different responses from me. Brummie accents are hard for me to understand and I guess they make me think of our redneck accents. I think Essex accents are posh and kinda sexy. I LOVE most Irish accents they make me inexplicably happy. Most Scottish accents are super hard to understand but they always sound kinda rowdy and fun. I hope that makes sense 😂

Quick Reply

Latest