Irna Gondal
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys,
can anyone tell me about some college that offers GCSEs for 17 years old? I arrived in uk 10 months ago in September and wanted to apply for gcses but it was too late I didn't really know anything about the education system of uk so instead of trying to find a school for GCSEs I was looking for btec courses in science subjects now that I have turned 17 and finally understand how important GCSEs and A levels is considered in uk, I am trying to find a place in GCSEs in some independent college as schools don't offer place those aged over 16 can someone suggest a college that'll give me admission in GCSEs? I want to study hard and get a grade higher than 7 in all subjects I want to to be able to apply for medicine in a good uni. I have searched some colleges like brampton, albemarle, David game, chelsea independent college but don't know if they'll keep me as I have turned 17 now and GCSEs students are normally 15-16 years old can someone help me?
username4365424
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your best bet would be to search for some independent schools which offer private GCSE tutoring and then pay to sit your GCSE exams next year or the year later. If you feel you can self teach yourself, then you can pay the exam boards to sit each GCSE you require privately and self teach yourself the content. For most colleges, you will have to study, Biology, Chemistry and Maths/Physics for the best chance into Medicine at A-levels. So to study those you most likely need a GCSE in 5 subjects minimum including Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Language. Once you have these at a sufficient grade, you can advance to a-level college for two years or if you grades are high enough you could try and take an intensive course, which would be very hard, to save time as it condenses the subject all into one year.
Irna Gondal
Rep:
?
thank you but do they accept 17 year old students for GCSEs? do you know any independent colleges in London?
username4365424
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m pretty sure they accept 17 year olds as long as you have the fee. I have heard Albemarle are pretty good and offer 1year intensive GCSE course with teaching, which would help to shave a few years off so you can get to Uni quicker. If you combined this with doing a 1 year intensive course at A-level which I have heard is very hard, then you would only be about one year old than most which is just like taking a gap year.
Irna Gondal
Rep:
?
ok I'll try to apply there, thank you.
alexandraeylul
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Irna Gondal)
Hi guys,
can anyone tell me about some college that offers GCSEs for 17 years old? I arrived in uk 10 months ago in September and wanted to apply for gcses but it was too late I didn't really know anything about the education system of uk so instead of trying to find a school for GCSEs I was looking for btec courses in science subjects now that I have turned 17 and finally understand how important GCSEs and A levels is considered in uk, I am trying to find a place in GCSEs in some independent college as schools don't offer place those aged over 16 can someone suggest a college that'll give me admission in GCSEs? I want to study hard and get a grade higher than 7 in all subjects I want to to be able to apply for medicine in a good uni. I have searched some colleges like brampton, albemarle, David game, chelsea independent college but don't know if they'll keep me as I have turned 17 now and GCSEs students are normally 15-16 years old can someone help me?
You can apply to do GCSEs as an external candidate. I dont know about colleges that offer GCSEs for 17 year olds (as colleges usually only offer BTECs or A-Levels). However you can do online GCSE courses i think?? and then apply as an external candidate to sit the exams.
Irna Gondal
Rep:
?
I don't think I can study GCSE online by myself and cuz I never studied GCSEs before it might be difficult for me to understand it that's why I want to to go to some college or school. However all kind of help will be appreciated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (64)
23.62%
Better than expected (56)
20.66%
Worse than expected (151)
55.72%

Watched Threads