Board of examiners compensating for Coronavirus at Portsmouth?

Watch
amigonnapass
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all,

I am a third year student at Portsmouth Uni and for my course the board of examiners haven’t met yet to discuss classifications.

Has anyone else’s course had their board yet? / has anyone’s degree classification been 100% confirmed?

I am wondering how much the board will compensate for the Coronavirus!

TIA
Last edited by amigonnapass; 1 year ago
dona6842
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am a first year there and I'm still waiting for my grade classification.. is it really supposed to take so long?
amigonnapass
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by dona6842)
I am a first year there and I'm still waiting for my grade classification.. is it really supposed to take so long?

It takes a while for them to be confirmed yes. As you’re first year don’t worry about your grades, they don’t count towards your degree and due to corona uni have said everyone will progress to their next year no matter what.

Unfortunately as I am the final year I had to do 3/4 of my final year assessments in lockdown so they might add some compensation to our grades (but I doubt it). We have our final grades but they’re not confirmed 100% and we will only get our degree certificates after the board meet
Danielle1415
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I was compensated BUGGER ALL! I'm furious. 68%, so 2.1. This year was horrendous! Teaching, communication and pretty much EVERYTHING was pants. I'm so annoyed that other university students will benefit from the no detriment policy, however Portsmouth seem to have totally ignored Covid and its impact!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (29)
29.29%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
10.1%
No I am happy with my choice (54)
54.55%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
6.06%

Watched Threads