The Student Room Group

University Contact Hours of Student Nurses

Hello. How many contact hours do nurses (specifically child nurses) have on average per week / each day at university? Also, do you have contact hours every day or do you get days 'off'? Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by 24lr
Hello. How many contact hours do nurses (specifically child nurses) have on average per week / each day at university? Also, do you have contact hours every day or do you get days 'off'? Thanks!

During theory stints, I had 4 full days (+ occasional 5th half day) in 1st year, 3-3.5 days in 2nd year and 2-3 days in 3rd year where a full day was 930-430 (I qualified last September and talking to current students suggests this is still the same). I'm an adult nurse but my child, LD and MH peers had the exact same contact hours, just sometimes being split up into field specific modules. So yes, there are days "off" so to speak. You do, however, get more & more complex reading in 2nd year than 1st year (& then obvs 3rd year)
Reply 2
Original post by Emily_B
During theory stints, I had 4 full days (+ occasional 5th half day) in 1st year, 3-3.5 days in 2nd year and 2-3 days in 3rd year where a full day was 930-430 (I qualified last September and talking to current students suggests this is still the same). I'm an adult nurse but my child, LD and MH peers had the exact same contact hours, just sometimes being split up into field specific modules. So yes, there are days "off" so to speak. You do, however, get more & more complex reading in 2nd year than 1st year (& then obvs 3rd year)

Thank you this is extremely useful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending