username5336118
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I'm really struggling to decide between biology and psychology a level. I'm thinking of doing business management at uni and although they both aren't to do with business, they both seem really interesting (also my other subjects are economics and geography). I think Maths would be too difficult for me so that's not really an option 😅.

Anyway, if you could talk about your experiences with these a levels (pros and cons) it would be much appreciated both exam boards would be AQA by the way. (Edit) There are no required subjects for business management at uni.
Last edited by username5336118; 1 year ago
Catlady5656
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i did aqa psychology and edexcel biology at a level. If you enjoy writing essays and reading about studies then psychology would be great for you. There is some maths involved in both biology and psychology a level, but its nothing too difficult. i felt that there is a lot more content in biology and it required more time during revision as its sometimes a bit complicated to understand, however if you enjoyed biology at gcse then you'll find its also very interesting at a level.
student4953
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Starrynight20)
Hi, I'm really struggling to decide between biology and psychology a level. I'm thinking of doing business management at uni and although they both aren't to do with business, they both seem really interesting (also my other subjects are economics and geography). I think Maths would be too difficult for me so that's not really an option 😅.

Anyway, if you could talk about your experiences with these a levels (pros and cons) it would be much appreciated both exam boards would be AQA by the way. (Edit) There are no required subjects for business management at uni.
Personally i would suggest you take psychology as it has a lot of links with geography and economics compared to biology but it is totally up to you.
apolaroidofus
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would suggest you have a look at the specifications and some past papers and see which one interests you the most. I feel that psychology is slightly more relevant to business (and goes better with your other A-levels) but the differences are minimal enough to have no real effect
yolothing
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i do both psychology and biology rn!
biology takes more time to revise for me, but i love both of them and both are going well for me
i think psychology could be related to business in the way you can talk about communicating with ppl, writing essays (if you need to), critical evaluation etc
psychology is A LOT of memorising, whereas Biology is A LOT of understanding - which one are you better with?
both are great a levels to have!
username5336118
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks everyone!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (34)
28.81%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (11)
9.32%
No I am happy with my choice (65)
55.08%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (8)
6.78%

Watched Threads