GCSE/ exam coursework

Watch
username4179488
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, I’m in year 10 and I’ve took Creative Imedia and Resistant Materials. We have started our major project this week (for res mats) I’m just so confused and I am worried that I will fail miserably. I barely understand what we are actually doing and it’s stressing me out so much. I’m so behind in school work, I don’t go out i just don’t want to do anything anymore I’m worried for my GCSE’s and ugh. Also same goes with my creative imedia everything is just confusing I just need time to sort myself out but literally everything is going to quick and in less than a year I’m doing my GCSE’s that’s petrifying.

username4179488
Rep:
?
Name:  CAD50950-8DE3-4079-828F-B3B27FCB0DA3.jpg.jpeg
Views: 31
Size:  63.3 KB
username4179488
Rep:
?
That’s my task btw.
Failingschool77
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey Christine_1
I do Creative imedia and textiles so we kinda do similar subjects.

My advice is take it slow. At first I really struggled with textiles but I break it down. I do one bit a week and now I'm moving at a good rate. Secondly, don't be embarrassed to ask for help. I was and I really needed help. Eventually I asked for some guidance and it really helps now. Is there anyone who also studies the same subject as you? Maybe they can help. Talk to your teachers also -they can help.

For textiles, choosing a context was a difficult choice but I basically brainstormed all of the choices and then I basically chose the one that I like most. My contexts were Climate emergency, Cinema and Coasts and I ended up choosing the climate emergency because for me, there's a lot I could do for that one. Think about the different products you could make for each of them and then make a choice.

Creative I media is especially complicated right now but I am going to keep on going and so should you.

Don't give up because in the future you'll regret it.

Good luck!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.79%
Uncertainty around my education (85)
11.44%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.63%
Lack of purpose or motivation (95)
12.79%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.25%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (42)
5.65%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (80)
10.77%
Financial worries (50)
6.73%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.31%
Exposure to negative news/social media (46)
6.19%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.23%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (71)
9.56%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.67%

Watched Threads