The Student Room Group

UCAS Points

I’ve read that I need upwards of 575 to get into Oxford or Cambridge. If A-levels are 56 points for A* and 20 points for A in AS- levels, how do I get UCAS points? Is there anything else I can do to get points?
That's the old system. Under the new system you do not need that many points, the average successful Cambridge applicant has 224 UCAS points.
Original post by Theloniouss
That's the old system. Under the new system you do not need that many points, the average successful Cambridge applicant has 224 UCAS points.

Okay thank you. Even so, is there any extra things you can do to get UCAS points?
Original post by Urszula2023
Okay thank you. Even so, is there any extra things you can do to get UCAS points?

Not that you need to but...
Gold art award
EPQ's
Music Grades (6+)
Only lower tier universities pay any attention to UCAS points. Actual A-Level grades are the important thing here.
(edited 3 years ago)
Universities such as Oxbridge won’t be looking at UCAS points - they’ll need you to achieve the grades in order to be accepted (as well as succeeding in interview, pre admission tests etc).
Original post by glassalice
Not that you need to but...
Gold art award
EPQ's
Music Grades (6+)
Only lower tier universities pay any attention to UCAS points. Actual A-Level grades are the important thing here.

Okay thank you
Original post by BlueEyedGirl_
Universities such as Oxbridge won’t be looking at UCAS points - they’ll need you to achieve the grades in order to be accepted (as well as succeeding in interview, pre admission tests etc).

Oh okay thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending