The Student Room Group

A level choices

Hi guys! So basically I am confused about what to choose for my a levels in sixth form and I have three in mind rn that are quite definite:art, maths and physics. And as my school proposes mandatory 4 a levels, idk what to choose for the fourth. I’m planning to study architecture/ engineering in uni and I heard you need to take further maths for engi. I was lowkey planning to take fm but I feel like it would be too hard for me. But Idek (I do fsmq currently and got pretty good results in Ukmt (silver) but I still dk if I could be able to do it for two years). And I was also thinking of taking English but I’m scared again lol.
(Um it would be great if anyone could give me a direction coz I have anxiety and I don’t wanna have a panic attack um so yeah)

help me:frown:
If you got a silver in the UKMT and you're doing well in FSMQ I can't see why you wouldn't do well in further maths! I'd suggest you start with further maths, and if it gets too tricky you can swap to something else :smile:
Reply 2
omg thank for your super quick reply haha. Yeah I’m still kind of concerned but I feel like doing lots of maths would be considerably less of a challenge for men than doing English. So yeah, wish me luck(heard it gets very hard in y13 rip me)
Original post by lydlydlyd
omg thank for your super quick reply haha. Yeah I’m still kind of concerned but I feel like doing lots of maths would be considerably less of a challenge for men than doing English. So yeah, wish me luck(heard it gets very hard in y13 rip me)

Ahahah I'm sure you'll be fine!
I think further maths would be a good idea!
However, even though ur school proposes 4 a levels, a lot of people drop the 4th after the first year if it's getting too much. I would suggest you take FM but if you struggle then you can drop it and relieve the stress.

Quick Reply

Latest