The Student Room Group

Financing

How many years will student finance pay for my uni fees ?
Im pretty sure you get 4 years of student finance
Reply 2
Original post by richmkay
Im pretty sure you get 4 years of student finance

I’ve done a year and want to transfer to the same course for the second year onwards, but the uni has only offered me point entry one and In total that would be 5 years but I’m not sure if I will get that as a gift year
It's current course length + 1 gift year they offer. So if you've used 1 year, minus that from your new course length.

So your uni has offered to let you start in year 1, and you've already done 1 year. How many years is the new course? If it's 3 years, then you would have 3+1, -1 = 3 years left. If it's 4 years, it would be 4+1, -1 = 4. So you should be covered. But, essentially, you've used your spare year, so they should cover your new course entirely. However, you won't have any more undergrad funding after this, so if you drop out or need to resit a year it wouldn't be covered and you'd need to pay your tuition yourself.
Reply 4
Original post by Lizzillo
It's current course length + 1 gift year they offer. So if you've used 1 year, minus that from your new course length.

So your uni has offered to let you start in year 1, and you've already done 1 year. How many years is the new course? If it's 3 years, then you would have 3+1, -1 = 3 years left. If it's 4 years, it would be 4+1, -1 = 4. So you should be covered. But, essentially, you've used your spare year, so they should cover your new course entirely. However, you won't have any more undergrad funding after this, so if you drop out or need to resit a year it wouldn't be covered and you'd need to pay your tuition yourself.

Hi it’s a 4 year course the new one and when you say resit a year do you mean if I fail an exam or fail everything ?
Original post by Abbyc18
Hi it’s a 4 year course the new one and when you say resit a year do you mean if I fail an exam or fail everything ?

By resit a year I mean needing to be refunded to resit the entire year. So if you failed 1 module/class and needed to retake the exam in the summer you're fine that's still that current year. If you failed a module/s and you couldn't resit and had to redo the year then you are resitting and wouldn't have any spare funding. Essentially, if you mess up or have any issues that effects your work or decide to transfer again once you've started this degree, you wouldn't have a spare year to get full funding for another 4 year course. Currently, if all goes to plan and SF confirms this, then you'll be funded for the whole of your upcoming degree. If you needed to redo a year of this upcoming degree, unless you could prove Compelling Personal Reasons (listed on the SF website), you would have to pay Tuition yourself for that resit year. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending