Best external hard drives for PS4?

Watch
AlwaysBroke.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My brothers want an external hard drive for PS4 because of warzone and the new last of us game.

Can anyone reccommend any cheap ones? I'm looking for 1TB because I want it to last long for any other future games. They are looking to hold the ps4 for about 1-2 years after PS5 release.

The ones I see mostly are for around £40-45 1TB which is crazy! Looking at the reviews some of them don't seem to be compatible with PS4 either.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AlwaysBroke.)
My brothers want an external hard drive for PS4 because of warzone and the new last of us game.

Can anyone reccommend any cheap ones? I'm looking for 1TB because I want it to last long for any other future games. They are looking to hold the ps4 for about 1-2 years after PS5 release.

The ones I see mostly are for around £40-45 1TB which is crazy! Looking at the reviews some of them don't seem to be compatible with PS4 either.
The mechanical drives in the majority of external HDDs are pretty much the same and almost any drive will work with a PS4.

£40-£45 sounds about right for a 1TB external hard drive, and you can't go wrong with anything from most of the major manufacturers. Western Digital are my brand of choice but I've also had 2TB+ models from Seagate and Toshiba that have given me no issues. If whatever drive you buy doesn't work with the PS4 straight out of the box, you just need to format the drive to exFAT- plug it into a PC, search for Disk Management in the search bar (or Disk Utility if you use a Mac), select the external drive and select Format, choosing exFAT when prompted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (160)
38.55%
Take autumn exams (126)
30.36%
Look for a job (15)
3.61%
Consider an apprenticeship (18)
4.34%
Take a year out (70)
16.87%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
6.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise