Anxiety in my relationship

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey I’ve been in a 8 month relationship and it’s been going great ,my woman has anxiety and has started toI push herself away from me. When I confronted her she said that she is scared of the future and scared of our future and since we got so serious so fast ,that’s scares her.She says she knows she really Ioves me ,but she wants to leave .I told her I would be there for her and still support her if she lets me ,she appreciated that and held me tight with much affection.Yet still the next day she is very distant ,I know this is her anxiety .What am I to do in this situation? I’m not sure if I should give her space and not contact her .Or if I should
Move on .I do know she is not ready to work on her anxiety and would rather avoid and run away from
The issue .
krunker555
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
nothing you can do about it, you should let her leave and talk to other girls, if she wants the relationship then she will come back since she was the one that left
Tom_Jacobs
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey I’ve been in a 8 month relationship and it’s been going great ,my woman has anxiety and has started toI push herself away from me. When I confronted her she said that she is scared of the future and scared of our future and since we got so serious so fast ,that’s scares her.She says she knows she really Ioves me ,but she wants to leave .I told her I would be there for her and still support her if she lets me ,she appreciated that and held me tight with much affection.Yet still the next day she is very distant ,I know this is her anxiety .What am I to do in this situation? I’m not sure if I should give her space and not contact her .Or if I should
Move on .I do know she is not ready to work on her anxiety and would rather avoid and run away from
The issue .
What if you're just incapable of maintaining a healthy, committed relationship? This constant worrying has a name: relationship anxiety. It refers to those feelings of worry, insecurity, and doubt that can pop up in a relationship, even if everything is going relatively well.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Tom_Jacobs)
What if you're just incapable of maintaining a healthy, committed relationship? This constant worrying has a name: relationship anxiety. It refers to those feelings of worry, insecurity, and doubt that can pop up in a relationship, even if everything is going relatively well.
The thing is I’m just use to communicating with her on a regular ..and when things changed and I asked her why ,she told me it’s her anxiety that’s making her worry .So should I just give her space and not contact her until she contacts me ?
Tom_Jacobs
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
The thing is I’m just use to communicating with her on a regular ..and when things changed and I asked her why ,she told me it’s her anxiety that’s making her worry .So should I just give her space and not contact her until she contacts me ?
Yes, I would suggest you back off a little and let her come chasing, which she will if she is worth waiting for.
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
The issue .
Not meaning to get your hopes up, I'm willing to go on a limb here and say that she sounds like she's worth the effort and has potential. I hope I'm not proven wrong on this either.

Nobody is perfect, but she is aware of her issues and is taking responsibility for them. It was actually, even uplifting for me to read about how open she is being about this problem when she spoke with you. I wish more people were like her.

She likely needs time to work her way through her problems on her own terms. She sounds very aware that the problem is on her end. If you think you can handle her being distant whilst she sorts out her own problems, that's great. If you do not think you can handle it though, you owe the same honesty she gave you, and you need to tell her that unfortunately this won't work for you, and break it off. It'll suck, but it will suck less than stringing each other along would.

Good luck.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by NonIndigenous)
Not meaning to get your hopes up, I'm willing to go on a limb here and say that she sounds like she's worth the effort and has potential. I hope I'm not proven wrong on this either.

Nobody is perfect, but she is aware of her issues and is taking responsibility for them. It was actually, even uplifting for me to read about how open she is being about this problem when she spoke with you. I wish more people were like her.

She likely needs time to work her way through her problems on her own terms. She sounds very aware that the problem is on her end. If you think you can handle her being distant whilst she sorts out her own problems, that's great. If you do not think you can handle it though, you owe the same honesty she gave you, and you need to tell her that unfortunately this won't work for you, and break it off. It'll suck, but it will suck less than stringing each other along would.

Good luck.
Thank you for the advice she did reach out and come back to me very quickly ..while her problem is still there.So as of right now it’s like she is a ticking time bomb .She loves me but her anxiety brings fears that she would rather not worry about
Anonymous #1
I don’t have relationship anxiety ..she does actually.
Anonymous #1
Yes, I would suggest you back off a little and let her come chasing, which she will if she is worth waiting for.
Thank you for your advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
18.03%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (123)
28.81%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.47%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.65%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads