Urszula2023
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I’ve been deciding between Cambridge and Oxford recently to study law. But I know that as part of admission requirements you need to take LNAT for Oxford and Cambridge Law Test for Cambridge. Do you have any recommendations for revision books for both or either?
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Euphoria101 Sophie.qoh any recommendations?
Euphoria101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Euphoria101 Sophie.qoh any recommendations?
LNAT - Arbitio, and the Lawyer Portal has a free bank you can work through. They are slightly easier tho. Post essays here and someone will give feedback!

CLT - not sure

If you’re trying to decide, do a paper for both and see what’s easier. The CLT essay questions imo are harder than the LNAT ones, but the LNAT MCQ can be deadly.
Last edited by Euphoria101; 4 months ago
Urszula2023
Rep:
?
(Original post by Euphoria101)
LNAT - Arbitio, and the Lawyer Portal has a free bank you can work through. They are slightly easier tho. Post essays here and someone will give feedback!

CLT - not sure

If you’re trying to decide, do a paper for both and see what’s easier. The CLT essay questions imo are harder than the LNAT ones, but the LNAT MCQ can be deadly.
Okay thank you so much
Sophie.qoh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Plenty of online guides and tests to practice the LNAT if you have a google. Maybe have a look at some MCQ in one sitting and the essay in another to get started.

There is a very popular book that offers guidance on the CLT though it's worth noting it is not officially endorsed by Cambridge. I actively chose not to read it because the CLT is just an essay and I was already pretty happy with my essay writing technique from my Alevels etc though I saw plenty of people with it at interview. The Cambridge Law Faculty has some PDFs available online with practice questions. I would recommend writing a couple as full essays in timed conditions as well as trying to plan as many as possible (start by taking your time, even allowing yourself to do some research and then try to get faster).
Urszula2023
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sophie.qoh)
Plenty of online guides and tests to practice the LNAT if you have a google. Maybe have a look at some MCQ in one sitting and the essay in another to get started.

There is a very popular book that offers guidance on the CLT though it's worth noting it is not officially endorsed by Cambridge. I actively chose not to read it because the CLT is just an essay and I was already pretty happy with my essay writing technique from my Alevels etc though I saw plenty of people with it at interview. The Cambridge Law Faculty has some PDFs available online with practice questions. I would recommend writing a couple as full essays in timed conditions as well as trying to plan as many as possible (start by taking your time, even allowing yourself to do some research and then try to get faster).
Oh okay thanks. What’s the name of the book that offers CLT guidance?
Sophie.qoh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Urszula2023)
Oh okay thanks. What’s the name of the book that offers CLT guidance?
The Ultimate Cambridge Law Test Guide I believe
Urszula2023
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sophie.qoh)
The Ultimate Cambridge Law Test Guide I believe
Okay thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (484)
33.66%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (594)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (295)
20.51%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (65)
4.52%

Watched Threads