how long does it take for a provisional license to come ?

Watch
acsatheavocado
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
hi

I applied for a provisional license about a month ago and apparently they received my return form and passport about 2 weeks ago. I haven't heard anything from them, and on their application trace website it says that they're still waiting for my form.

Has anyone been through something similar? I'm dead worried because if I they lost my passport, that's a huge problemmm. please helppp
ursbhhdb
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
yess I have, the online tracking thing only shows your online transaction- I am awaiting mine too, be patient since everything may be slowed down due to COVID etc
acsatheavocado
Rep:
?
(Original post by ursbhhdb)
yess I have, the online tracking thing only shows your online transaction- I am awaiting mine too, be patient since everything may be slowed down due to COVID etc
this is somewhat reassuring, cos someone at work said they should have their provisional at some point this week or something like that and I started panicking thankss
ursbhhdb
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
am still waiting on mine unfortunately but hopefully it should arrive soon, just got to be patient
ursbhhdb
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
PS you can use this https://www.viewdrivingrecord.servic...rsonal-details to check the progress of your application
acsatheavocado
Rep:
?
PS you can use this https://www.viewdrivingrecord.servic...rsonal-details to check the progress of your application
tried it. They said can't show me anything. I've tried to get through on the phone all day but it seems like their lines are closed or something. It's been a month since I sent my passport and even longer since I applied online and it's all quite bad. any luck with yours?
EliteBoy8
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by acsatheavocado)
tried it. They said can't show me anything. I've tried to get through on the phone all day but it seems like their lines are closed or something. It's been a month since I sent my passport and even longer since I applied online and it's all quite bad. any luck with yours?
I’m in the same situation. I have been waiting for three weeks, now I am starting to get a worried. Though, I didn’t send my passport, I just added the passport number. But still, I have paid £43 + £5 for a cheque from post office. They need to have a better customer service!
ursbhhdb
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
not yet no it looks like we are all in the same boat and it seems as though they can’t give a timeframe which is frustrating

is reassuring to see others in the same position though
Izaura
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I sent my provisional off in return for my full license 11 weeks ago now (May 4th), I can't trace it either.
Has anyone else's taken this long? I can't get through to contact them.
acsatheavocado
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Izaura)
I sent my provisional off in return for my full license 11 weeks ago now (May 4th), I can't trace it either.
Has anyone else's taken this long? I can't get through to contact them.
I couldn't get through to them either, but I used the link mentioned before and it said that they can't find anything to do with it, but at the end it offered the option to ask for a web chat. When I used the options they offered to describe the problem they put me down, saying there are not enough people and I tried again and there was a 'talk to an advisor' option. Honestly, I waited 20 mins or so before I got to talk to anyone and they didn't tell me anything new, but at least I felt a bit reassured, maybe you can try that.

https://www.viewdrivingrecord.servic...rsonal-details
acsatheavocado
Rep:
?
not yet no it looks like we are all in the same boat and it seems as though they can’t give a timeframe which is frustrating

is reassuring to see others in the same position though
woooo, I got my passport back this morning and apparently my license has been issued... now I've got to wait like 2 weeks for it to arrive. How is everything on your end?
ursbhhdb
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
woooo, I got my passport back this morning and apparently my license has been issued... now I've got to wait like 2 weeks for it to arrive. How is everything on your end?
awesome!! glad to hear it am still waiting for mine- when did you send off the form, do you remember?
ursbhhdb
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
also, has yours updated on the link provided^
acsatheavocado
Rep:
?
awesome!! glad to hear it am still waiting for mine- when did you send off the form, do you remember?
the way I did mine was 5/06 I applied and paid online, sent my passport on 17/06, and it got there 2 days later cos I used the fast delivery option. I got the passport in this morning and yeah, on the link you sent, it says all my details and everything. hope yours gets here quicklyyyy!
acsatheavocado
Rep:
?
woahhh, guys, I got my license through the mail today, and all I can say that these have been 7 stressful weeks. hope you get yours soon too ursbhhdb , EliteBoy8 and Izaura. Fingers crossed, I won't crash into anything or anyone, any time soon XD

Also, if any of you are bored, message me... let's keep in touch
Chezzy35
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My daughter is still waiting for her provisional licence they received the form back on the 6th July as it was signed for as we did special delivery, but the licence tracker says awaiting form. She's getting worried now as it's been from the 6th July till the date today which is the 5th August.
ursbhhdb
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
woahhh, guys, I got my license through the mail today, and all I can say that these have been 7 stressful weeks. hope you get yours soon too ursbhhdb , EliteBoy8 and Izaura. Fingers crossed, I won't crash into anything or anyone, any time soon XD

Also, if any of you are bored, message me... let's keep in touch
hey, the link has my details now! do you remember how long after your ID came?
ursbhhdb
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chezzy35)
My daughter is still waiting for her provisional licence they received the form back on the 6th July as it was signed for as we did special delivery, but the licence tracker says awaiting form. She's getting worried now as it's been from the 6th July till the date today which is the 5th August.
I would advise her to be patient and to check the link that is in the chat above ^^
if it is any consolation, I have waited for mine since about mid June time and recently wrote the DVLA a letter- it may be a coincidence but, 5 days later, my details have updated in the link, meaning that I have a licence but no ID..I anticipate for it to come within the next couple of days!
best of luck
popgirl101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends on your medical history and with Covid-19 slowing processes down. Mine took 6 months to come and Covid-19 wasn’t around.
islasmila02
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is this normal: a month since I sent the form off for my provisional license it still hasn't come. I did most of the application online but sent in a paper id photo bc my passport is like 4 yrs old
when will it come ??????
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (29)
27.88%
Less motivated (75)
72.12%

Watched Threads