Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had 7 lessons, but I also drove my own car for about 20 hours maybe. I just rushed through it to get driving as quickly as possible and passed first time 3 weeks after my 17th birthday. In saying that though, I did a lot of theory work before my birthday with techniques on how to drive properly and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    23 hours and passed first time.

I didn't have any out of lesson experience in my mum's car either.

ReputationRep:
    I had 25... I thought that was a lot, but then my excuse was that I was driving on the wrong side of the road!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cchilstonev1)
    I've had over seventy hours and my FIRST test was booked about two weeks ago. Wish me luck.
    Good luck dear!! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    My test is on the 22nd October, and as of yet I have not had any lessons from an approved driving instructor. I have had lessons from my dad though, who was a driving instructor. I have had around 15 hours worth of lessons from him. I am pretty much a driver now (i.e. can do manoeuvres and drive). So yes, it varies from person to person.

ReputationRep:
    6 lessons, one hour each. Passed first time

ReputationRep:
    I had four 2-hour lessons and passed. It's such a waste of money.

ReputationRep:
    I had 40-50, but passed first time. Maybe, try asking your instructor what you're going to do next and when, and then if you feel like you should, change.

ReputationRep:
    13 one hour lessons, and passed first time.
    i'd been out practicing quite a lot though, and i think that makes such a difference, it gives you so much more road experience. i passed much quicker than friends who ONLY had real lessons.

20 hours with teh instructor and a few more with my dad.

Ahh, miss them so much.

Whoever said he's slow purposefully must be right imo.

ReputationRep:
    I've had about 35hours so far, and am just on turn in a road....but to be fair I was in the car park for several lessons as I honest to god cannot drive :|

ReputationRep:
    about 60 hours in total but i had two driving instructors cause the first one was rubbish and my legs were too long for her car 0_o

Passed third time around by pretending to be someone else..in my head

ReputationRep:
    how much is it for a provisional license? and how long does it take to receive it as soon as you apply?

ReputationRep:
    6 hours in the teacher's car, then had 3 hours in my car.
    Thats it...

ReputationRep:
    48 before my first, and i failed that one. :no:

54 on my 2nd and I passed!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I took 41 lessons (41 hours worth) and passed first time. Your'e not doing bad for 13 lessons. I stalled twice on my test, but still passed.

ReputationRep:
    The people here who are boasting about passing their test after only a few hours of learning are the reason that so many new drivers and their passengers die on the road each year.

ReputationRep:
    here's a money saving tip, go out with your parents. i did, only took 10 hours with an examiner and passed. Tho overall, i've done about 250 hours of driving, mostly along A and B roads at 60mph. Awesome fun, i recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    By the way as I've said, I've had 13, and my teacher still won't let me drive from my house (which is on a main road) into the road... is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJ84)
    I had four 2-hour lessons and passed. It's such a waste of money.
    yeah, of course you did - especially considering the first two hours is spent explaining the controls of the car, and no instructor would put you in for a test after 2 hours. what'd you do in the month+ wait for the test, by the way?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.