Turn on thread page Beta

How many driving lessons did you have before you took your exam? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I've had 12 lessons and I'm learning to reverse around a corner now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x=o)
    yeah, of course you did - especially considering the first two hours is spent explaining the controls of the car, and no instructor would put you in for a test after 2 hours. what'd you do in the month+ wait for the test, by the way?
    for your information i did indeed only take 8hrs of lessons. I booked my test in February for April. Started taking lessons in mid-March. I knew how to drive since i was 14. And who the hell says an instructor has to PUT YOU IN for a test? You book it yourself. The instructor has nothing to do with it. You can even go for a test without taking any lessons beforehand. You can use your dad's car for the test. Is that alright with you Stephen? What's the matter? Spending a fortune on lessons with no luck in passing your test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJ84)
    for your information i did indeed only take 8hrs of lessons. I booked my test in February for April. Started taking lessons in mid-March. I knew how to drive since i was 14. And who the hell says an instructor has to PUT YOU IN for a test? You book it yourself. The instructor has nothing to do with it. You can even go for a test without taking any lessons beforehand. You can use your dad's car for the test. Is that alright with you Stephen? What's the matter? Spending a fortune on lessons with no luck in passing your test?
    bleh. I misread it as "two hours" of driving, not 8 hours :p:

FYI, I passed first time with 2 minors and had 25 1 hour lessons :p:

ReputationRep:
    I had 36 hours driving lessons, no practice in my own car and passed first time....my instructor was AWESOME

ReputationRep:
    By the time i passed (3rd time) I'd had between 50 and 60 hours with my instructor (Including tests i think) plus private practice in my own car. I sometimes wonder if it would have been quicker with a different instructor. I started learning on June 7th 2007and didn't pass till Jan 31st 2008.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 29, 2008
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.