Want more information about this university?
reading11
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey,

Was just wondering wot tree court is like in owens park?
i am in TD.G.03 and am wondering wot this part of owens park is like?
also will my room have a basin and internet connection in?
thanks.
KW90
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Hey i'm in tree court too, block A though. was it your first choice? it wasnt any of my choices and i was so upset when i got it, but finally starting to just look forward to it because i'm sure people there will still be awesome.

By the looks of it..don't expect a nice room, they look pretty simple/very old, the interior is all green with dark brown furniture. You get a sink in your room but share a bathroom with about 10 other people. Plus side is that bathrooms will be single sex and wardrobes are huuuge! As far as i know there is an internet connection.

Food isn't that great either so thank god for the microwaves we get in our shared kitchens ha.

Sorry cant give you much more than that because i havent seen the place, just done ALOT of research to reassure myself its not going to be too bad!!

xx
EscapeTheFate
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That's next to my school!
And lots of people get mugged in the park

:yep:

...although they are mostly 12 year old kids. But still.

enjoy!
hanns.g
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Are we allowed our own kettles in our rooms? I can't find any fine print anywhere saying we can't...
Jiggly Puff
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by KW90)
Hey i'm in tree court too, block A though. was it your first choice? it wasnt any of my choices and i was so upset when i got it, but finally starting to just look forward to it because i'm sure people there will still be awesome.
Im Tree court block A tooo Moving in on the 18th. Wot about u? I think its mad that there is gonna be 10kettles and 10toasters and multiples of other things all on one floor. lol Wot floor are you on btw?
reading11
wel im in TD.G.03 dont really know wot this means of where it is in owens park. but as long as ur in owens park it doesnt matter apparently its meant to be mad!
KW90
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Jiggly Puff)
Im Tree court block A tooo Moving in on the 18th. Wot about u? I think its mad that there is gonna be 10kettles and 10toasters and multiples of other things all on one floor. lol Wot floor are you on btw?

ahh yey another block a person!!! i'm first floor, room 7 i think.. how about you?? what are you studying?
i'm so excited!! our block is looking good so far, i've found a couple of people in it on facebook.

when are you going to move in? i was thinking around the 19th/20th. dont want to get there too early nor do i want to be the last to turn up!

xx
KW90
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by reading11)
wel im in TD.G.03 dont really know wot this means of where it is in owens park. but as long as ur in owens park it doesnt matter apparently its meant to be mad!
that means you are in tree court, block D. tree court is next to the tower, so we are not getting much peace and quiet in freshers week from all their fire alarms, although i'm sure we'll get our fair share of them in tree court.
yeah OP is meant to be amazing for the partying, can't wait! x
Lucía7
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by KW90)
The same happened to me. I chose a hall nearer from uni and self catered but they gave me this (I'm in green court!). At first I was a bit disappointed, but after searching throug the net I'm looking forward to go. I'm sure it will be great
Lucía7
Report 12 years ago
Just a quick question... Does anybody knows how much time it takes to go to uni?
all.the.noise
Report 12 years ago
I'm in Tree Court in TC.01.05 (no idea what that means in relation to blocks, floor or general area).
Owens Park was my last choice for accommodation, but hopefully it won't be too horrendous.
Brown and green? Really?
Guess I'll have to learn to love it.
Lucía7
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by all.the.noise)
I'm in Tree Court in TC.01.05 (no idea what that means in relation to blocks, floor or general area).
Block C, first floor, door 5
Jiggly Puff
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by KW90)
ahh yey another block a person!!! i'm first floor, room 7 i think.. how about you?? what are you studying?
i'm so excited!! our block is looking good so far, i've found a couple of people in it on facebook.

when are you going to move in? i was thinking around the 19th/20th. dont want to get there too early nor do i want to be the last to turn up!

xx
Oooo u shud ad me on face book. Be good 2 meet ppl b4 we actually go ded excited. Im 1st floor too Im studying civil engineering. u? Im goin up the 18th...is this early??! Dont wanna be lonely! lol
KW90
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Jiggly Puff)
Oooo u shud ad me on face book. Be good 2 meet ppl b4 we actually go ded excited. Im 1st floor too Im studying civil engineering. u? Im goin up the 18th...is this early??! Dont wanna be lonely! lol

Ahh ledge!! We're on the same floor! Whats your name and i'll find you on facebook. Theres only 10-12 people per floor so we should all end up being friends. I'm studying geography, sucks because i have to go on this trip in the middle of freshers week for 3 days So whilst you get to party and go to the freshers ball i will be sporting a pair of waders and analysing bits of rock argh!

Oo i think 18th is quite early, i was thinking of going on either fri 19th or sat 20th.. but i dont want to be the last to arrive so probs the 19th! Where abouts are you from? I'm near London so have quite a drive up north

xx
KW90
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lucía7)
Just a quick question... Does anybody knows how much time it takes to go to uni?

what as in from your halls to lectures?
Jiggly Puff
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by KW90)
Ahh ledge!! We're on the same floor! Whats your name and i'll find you on facebook. Theres only 10-12 people per floor so we should all end up being friends. I'm studying geography, sucks because i have to go on this trip in the middle of freshers week for 3 days So whilst you get to party and go to the freshers ball i will be sporting a pair of waders and analysing bits of rock argh!

Oo i think 18th is quite early, i was thinking of going on either fri 19th or sat 20th.. but i dont want to be the last to arrive so probs the 19th! Where abouts are you from? I'm near London so have quite a drive up north

xx

I hope some people are there on the 18th, otherwise i will hav to party on my own!!lol I dont think you will miss out that much on ur 3day trip, wot d8 is it? Dont know how im gunna manage wiv the shared bathroom. Oooo and aparantly block A of tree court is on the oposite side to the tower, facing richmond park.
reading11
hey kw90,
im in TD.G.03 i tree court so presume that is block D same as u guys but think ground floor!?
im also doing geog and in same situation as u with stupid fieldwork trip, but we only miss thurs, fri and sat nights. fri is op bop whihc happens all yr, and freshers ball is rip off and rubish according to people who went last year so we not issing too much.
KW90
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by reading11)
hey kw90,
im in TD.G.03 i tree court so presume that is block D same as u guys but think ground floor!?
im also doing geog and in same situation as u with stupid fieldwork trip, but we only miss thurs, fri and sat nights. fri is op bop whihc happens all yr, and freshers ball is rip off and rubish according to people who went last year so we not issing too much.
yey a geographer! i guess missing those days aren't so bad seeing as we are still there for the most important part of the week, shame we miss the first friday BOP though, i was looking forward to that!
my friend did geog last year and she has been telling me all about the trip, it doesnt sound too awful and i guess its what you make it. we have to "work" in the day but apparently its very easy to do the opposite, then at night they organise little activities like speed dating which will either be a laugh or could turn out to be rather cringey! And i'm sure it will be easy to have a few drunken nights behind the lecturers backs unless rural cumbria really is very rural and has no where for purchasing alcohol!

Are you a guy or girl by the way, i can't tell from your screen name, but if you are a girl, wanted to ask if you are taking things like straightners?!
Lucía7
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by KW90)
what as in from your halls to lectures?
Yes, from the city campus to fallowfield...
KW90
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lucía7)
Yes, from the city campus to fallowfield...

ermm.. depends really on where your lectures are! i know that for me, it would be a 20 min walk to the geog building but then probably like 5-10 mins on the bus, although when i last went up for a visit we sat in traffic for aaaages and so the bus can end up taking longer than the walk would..but obviously it depends on how far you have to go for lectures i guess!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (491)
33.42%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (610)
41.52%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (300)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.63%

Watched Threads