The Student Room Group

CALLING ALL BLACK PEOPLE!... do you like this name?

Due to have my first born ( a boy) in a month or so and i really want a unique but cultural name. Something African/Caribbean roots but NOT
The only name that i've seen that is my fav so far:

Johari - meaning jewel, of Swahili origin
Jo-har-re

What do you think about this? BLACK PEOPLE (or white people who understand our culture and don't think our names are "ghetto" and genuinely want to give an opinion based on that certain name) only.

Also have you got any other African/Caribbean name ideas that you wouldn't mind sharing? THANK YOU
I’m white but I think that’s a beautiful name with a beautiful meaning!
Original post by Anonymous
Due to have my first born ( a boy) in a month or so and i really want a unique but cultural name. Something African/Caribbean roots but NOT
The only name that i've seen that is my fav so far:

Johari - meaning jewel, of Swahili origin
Jo-har-re

What do you think about this? BLACK PEOPLE (or white people who understand our culture and don't think our names are "ghetto" and genuinely want to give an opinion based on that certain name) only.

Also have you got any other African/Caribbean name ideas that you wouldn't mind sharing? THANK YOU

It's a beautiful name with a beautuiful meaning, I am an advocate of the meaning of your child's name will reflect onto your child, would you spell his name as Johari or would you consider spelling his name as Joharay? Not to say there is anything wrong with the spelling it as Johari
I think that as long as the name of the child has meaning to the parents and isn't a name that promotes the bullying of the child, then the name is absolutely fine.

In this case the name "Johari" seems to have great meaning to the parents and is by no means a name that should be discriminated against.
Reply 4
Original post by anaindiemood
I’m white but I think that’s a beautiful name with a beautiful meaning!

ah thank you very much. Me and the partner and defo leaning towards it but want to see if we find any others we really like first aha
Reply 5
Original post by Lennylen628
It's a beautiful name with a beautuiful meaning, I am an advocate of the meaning of your child's name will reflect onto your child, would you spell his name as Johari or would you consider spelling his name as Joharay? Not to say there is anything wrong with the spelling it as Johari

It is right lol and actually tbh i havent thought about changing the name because its gorg like johari but i will defo look at some variants. Joharay is lovely as well not sure which i prefer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending