Economics or Law

Watch this thread
Rozina33
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I’m in year 12 going into year 13 and I can’t decide whether I want to apply for a law degree or an economics degree. My current subjects at A level are geography economics and maths and I hv completed the epq too ( I did it based on businesses). I literally cannot decide which path to go down as I’m torn between the two degrees. Economics I know is very mathematical and since I don’t do further maths I’ll probably be at a disadavantage. Law is basically essays which I don’t really mind but since everyone says it’s like history that kinda puts me off as I don’t like history as a subject. So I’m torn. If anyone has any advice or personal experience to help weigh up my pro and con list then pls give me ur input
Babs003
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Pick law- higher success rate, (according to my bro), who took law and economics A levels. Law was the only subject he did well in (A) vs (D, E). He’s now a law and LPC graduate. He did bad in economics (E) and had to change his desired degree from economics to law through clearing. According to my bro, A2 law was so much fun which is very rare for an a level subject!!! AS covers basics, A2 goes onto criminal law. Economics gets increasingly harder. Law was the best subject he ever did. He has no regrets about that. Law is nothing like history at all- my bro and I did geography at GCSE anyways! It’s just txtbook case studies + writing essays
Last edited by Babs003; 1 year ago
Babs003
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Wait I just realised that you’re already doing A levels. Thus, lemme re-word this:

Law degree 100% according to Bro. Economics... big no from Bro after his a level results. He actually wanted to do an economics degree but had to change to law via clearing. And he’s very happy about it.

1st year was an A level recap literally. He barely did any work since he’d already covered it at A level. 1st year is literally a catch up for those who didn’t take it at A-level + the 1st year exams don’t count to the final grade. His friend did the sciences at A level but went on to do law with him. That friend got a first honours. Whether 1st year is recap of A level for Economics, I don’t know. Of course, deadlines.... that’s a thing for every degree- degrees are hard in that way.

What career path u looking into? Because economics sounds like a good career opportunity too. I don’t want you to give up a dream simply because another degree’s content is somewhat easier to comprehend.

Go with your passion. You’ll be surrounded by and studying with people with the same passion, drive and fire as you!
Babs003
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
My bro got all his offers from uni to study economics and he only did it with maths and law (3 subjects). Unis will still accept u without further maths. Economics is mathematical in its own way right? I’m sure maths and economics as subjects are sufficient.
Snonflake
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rozina33)
So I’m in year 12 going into year 13 and I can’t decide whether I want to apply for a law degree or an economics degree. My current subjects at A level are geography economics and maths and I hv completed the epq too ( I did it based on businesses). I literally cannot decide which path to go down as I’m torn between the two degrees. Economics I know is very mathematical and since I don’t do further maths I’ll probably be at a disadavantage. Law is basically essays which I don’t really mind but since everyone says it’s like history that kinda puts me off as I don’t like history as a subject. So I’m torn. If anyone has any advice or personal experience to help weigh up my pro and con list then pls give me ur input
Look up Land Economy!!! It’s literally Law and Economics and your subject combination is the typical combination of a land economy student too. It might be a perfect combo for you
Babs003
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Snonflake)
Look up Land Economy!!! It’s literally Law and Economics and your subject combination is the typical combination of a land economy student too. It might be a perfect combo for you
I think Land Economy even pops up in some unis’ law degree modules!

Cool thinking Snonflake 👍 I think this guy might’ve helped u more lol!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (46)
26.14%
As I expected (58)
32.95%
Harder (64)
36.36%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.55%

Watched Threads