The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Loan issue

Hi all!

I am currently in my final year of my undergrad and waiting for my dissertation results. I have applied to 3 masters courses at 3 different universities who have all given me conditional offers where I need to get a certain grade to be able to enrol on the course.

I want to apply for a postgraduate loan however I wont know what course/university I will be on until I get my results which will be towards the end of July. Can I apply before I know for certain where I am going ? As in does the application (for those who have filled it out themselves) allow you to put multiple speculative courses or do you need be 100% sure of the course/ university you are going to study?

This is probably has an easy answer but I haven't been able to find any:colondollar:

Thanks!
Reply 1
The application only allows you to enter the university you are set to attend, so I don't think you can give a list of the courses you have offers for.
Original post by Evie33
Hi all!

I am currently in my final year of my undergrad and waiting for my dissertation results. I have applied to 3 masters courses at 3 different universities who have all given me conditional offers where I need to get a certain grade to be able to enrol on the course.

I want to apply for a postgraduate loan however I wont know what course/university I will be on until I get my results which will be towards the end of July. Can I apply before I know for certain where I am going ? As in does the application (for those who have filled it out themselves) allow you to put multiple speculative courses or do you need be 100% sure of the course/ university you are going to study?

This is probably has an easy answer but I haven't been able to find any:colondollar:

Thanks!

The application only allows you to select one university and course. If you want to apply now, pick the course you are most likely to attend, but as the application is not income assessed (and therefore takes hardly any time to process), you could wait until your results to apply.
Reply 3
Original post by harper_
The application only allows you to enter the university you are set to attend, so I don't think you can give a list of the courses you have offers for.

Ahh okay, Thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by PhoenixFortune
The application only allows you to select one university and course. If you want to apply now, pick the course you are most likely to attend, but as the application is not income assessed (and therefore takes hardly any time to process), you could wait until your results to apply.

Thanks! I think I will wait

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending