Why does the Government incentivise welfare?

Watch
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by monkeybest)
welfare is capped at 45k pre tax!
Gotta source? Course you dont

I do
https://www.gov.uk/benefit-cap/benefit-cap-amounts

You're miles off
Last edited by Quady; 1 month ago
monkeybest
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Haven't you forgotten the benefits cap amounts applicable to most healthy unemployed persons who do not work? :rolleyes:

£13,400 a year for a single adult with no dependants living outside London.
£15,410 a year for a single adult with no dependants living within London.
£20,000 a year for a couple or single parent with dependants living outside London.
£23,000 a year for a couple or single parent with dependants living within London.

I have never voted Labour and am no fan of the welfare state.
Those are all pre-tax amounts so adjust them to a job with tax liabilities so x those by 1.3-1.5 for the job that would pay the equivalent and all the effort involved in having to go to work and hassle etc

These welfare junkies are getting those amounts TAX FREE for sitting on their butt 24/7! Yes no surprise they need sky, netflix and beer to pass the time
monkeybest
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Quady)
Gotta source? Course you dont

I do
https://www.gov.uk/benefit-cap/benefit-cap-amounts

You're miles off
Benefits are tax free you muppet or havent you noticed? So a 23k benefit cap does not equal 23k salary job,

Can you see why welfare is addictive? Tax free and zero effort no wonder millions in the UK are hooked on welfare
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Benefits are tax free you muppet or havent you noticed? So a 23k benefit cap does not equal 23k salary job,

Can you see why welfare is addictive? Tax free and zero effort no wonder millions in the UK are hooked on welfare
JSA is taxable isn't it?

Are you on welfare? If not are you a muppet?
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So a 23k benefit cap does not equal 23k salary job,
Even based on Scottish tax rates an assuming the salaried person had no personal allowance 23k wouldn't equate to 45k lol, more like 33k. Based in England with the standard personal allowance it'd be £28,500. Would you get out of bed for that??
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Those are all pre-tax amounts so adjust them to a job with tax liabilities so x those by 1.3-1.5 for the job that would pay the equivalent and all the effort involved in having to go to work and hassle etc

These welfare junkies are getting those amounts TAX FREE for sitting on their butt 24/7! Yes no surprise they need sky, netflix and beer to pass the time
Jobseeker’s Allowance, the State Pension, Incapacity Benefit from the start of the 29th week, Widowed Parent’s Allowance and contribution-based Employment & Support Allowance are all liable for income tax in the event the income exceeds the personal allowance.
While housing benefit, universal credit, disability living allowance and maternity allowance are all exempt from income tax.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (40)
23.81%
Better than expected (38)
22.62%
Worse than expected (90)
53.57%

Watched Threads