Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so who got accepted for as-levels after achieving less than 5 a-cs grades?

ReputationRep:
    At my college you can do 3 AS levels if you got 4 GCSE's, but you have to do a GCSE on the side....

I don't know anyone (yet) that got less than 5 though....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Dreaming*)
    At my college you can do 3 AS levels if you got 4 GCSE's, but you have to do a GCSE on the side....

I don't know anyone (yet) that got less than 5 though....
    ^That's what my school does aswell.

ReputationRep:
    well i dont no about doing a levels yet but about 50-60 people from my skool didnt get 5 GCSEs and some are now going back to college to do them again while some said they will try and beg the skool tyo let them into a levels. i shall see this thursdai ( enrolement day) if they get into a levels or not and inform you

ReputationRep:
    well i got 4.....and i passed maths and english, i really doubt its worth retaking design n tech and general studies or is it? ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Checkmate121)
    well i got 4.....and i passed maths and english, i really doubt its worth retaking design n tech and general studies or is it? ??
    Just do A-levels and try and pass them instead i would think.

ReputationRep:
    Loads of people in my year (year 12) got in to sixth form without the 5 A*-C requirements. Unfortunately, most of them haven't lasted the whole year, and if they have, they haven't done great at the end of the year.

But if you promise to work really hard at your AS's, they might let you in, it really does depend on how strict the school is with their entrees

ReputationRep:
    I really want to do AS...BTEC would not be appropriate for me, not many choices..oh well tommorrow i am off to enrollement

ReputationRep:
    I know someone from my school whose only grades were BCC, the rest were all Us, but he's got into the Brit school so he's alright... My school's very strict about that, but some higher education colleges nearby do fast-track one year A Levels alongside GCSEs; you could try those.

ReputationRep:
    At the Sixth Form im going to if you get 4A-Cs,you can do 3AS-levels & retake either Maths,English or Science or you can do a Level 3 B-TEC Diploma with 4A-C GCSEs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ignoramus)
    I know someone from my school whose only grades were BCC, the rest were all Us, but he's got into the Brit school so he's alright... My school's very strict about that, but some higher education colleges nearby do fast-track one year A Levels alongside GCSEs; you could try those.
    I'll probably take 3 as levels and one gcse higher maths...i really really need to work my socks off this year.

ReputationRep:
    I know loads of people lol.

ReputationRep:
    Loads of people at my school.. to be fair most of them then go on to fail AS levels and then half of them drop out and the other half continue to fail A levels aswell and I do mean fail as in UUU...

ReputationRep:
    holy ****, UUU, jeeze....

ReputationRep:
    I did; I've never been to school, and basically had to do a short-course which offered only four GCSEs. I managed to persuade my school to let me take my A-Levels; I've done alright.

ReputationRep:
    i've got a question, let's say i choose french, english and geography for as-level...in A2, do i still have to do the same ? or can i add more subjects ?
    Also my teacher advised me to take maths gcse higher, if i pass it, could i then take a-level maths during the second year ?

I am still fairly new to the whole english education system because i lived and studied in france previously.

ReputationRep:
    You would have to stick with the same subjects if you wanted to receive a full A-Level (A2) in the said subject... There is nothing to stop you taking up another subject in your second year...

ReputationRep:
    any other people ?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.