Turn on thread page Beta

I'm skint but really need a haircut, what should I do? Serious answers only! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    As title says:

I'm skint but really need a haircut, what should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Ask parents or friends for money?

ReputationRep:
    Hair modeling. Walk down a high st on a sat morning or along oxford st specifically and try and bump into one of the dudes asking for hair models. My girlfriend has been asked 6 or seven times in the last couple of years, and she wasn't looking.

ReputationRep:
    Go to Peter Mark/whatever your nearest salon is, and ask them when they run their training class, and if you can get an appointment.

Tomorrow I'm getting: an all-over dye, highlights, and a cut for €73

ReputationRep:
    Get some scissors and run them through your hair in the hope that the probability of getting a nice haircut that way is high

Or, more seriously: get your mother, or someone who knows, to cut it for you

ReputationRep:
    do it yourself

thats what i do

ReputationRep:
    New Oxford Street. Toni and Guy academy. Either free or a fiver. Takes about two hours though and you have to book an appointment. Totally worth it though. Take along a picture so they know what you want. Most of the trainees have 6 or 7 years experience and are really good. They will style it for you as well if you like e.g. up-do, curled etc.

Go on yell.com for the phone number.

PS. you can get free colouring done as well if you go for a skin test 24 hours before.

ReputationRep:
    1. go to your nearest community college and ask to volenteer for the hairdressing courses, you get a free haircut, but it will be by someone halfway through their course, (obviously there'll be a teacher there to supervise it though)

2. Cut it yourself, it really isn't that hard. Me and my sister do it all the time when just our fringe needs a trim but we don't need the whole hair done.

3. Do you really need it cut? Why not experiment with clips/bands/grasps and see if there is something new you can do with it?

ReputationRep:
    ye as someone said go to a training session at a hairdressors or local college where they teach hairdressing you get it really cheap as they are training but they will be supervised xx

ReputationRep:
    I have cut my own hair a few times in the past, sometimes its really good othertimes it is just okay, it has never been dreadful though, and it always grows in ok, just get a friend/family member to help you do the back part, the front is easy especially if you want a layer fringy look cause the messier it is, you can say you meant it ;p

ReputationRep:
    The last three words of the thread title couldn't be resisted. Forgive me:

-

You will need:
    Your bonce
    A blender
    Some plasters

:yy: Good luck - damn tantalising titles - I bet you put that there to delibrately provoke stupid responses damn it.

ReputationRep:
    Knock on random doors asking if you can wash their cars ? charge a low amount like 2 pound people will just laugh at you and give you 2 pound but hey you need the money.

ReputationRep:
    Scissors and a comb is all you need. Get a mate to cut it down to lengh.

Sorted.

ReputationRep:
    You could do it yourself, or get a family member or friend to do it.

ReputationRep:
    If you went to the same salon all the time and was a regular or was really close with one of the stylists you could have got credit.

Or go to a training academy and get it cut by trainees for free or a very small fee.

ReputationRep:
    as others have said trainees

ReputationRep:
    Is there any colleges around- usually need people to practice on (although it is summer so maybe not) Or you can ring round local salons and ask if they need a hair model. Sometimes though you have to have your hair a certain way.- you can ask that over the phone though!

Good luck! x

ReputationRep:
    Local college?

ReputationRep:
    Tony and Guy Acadamy New Oxford Street. Free with a voucher from the free sheets, £5 otherwise for a cut and £15 for a colour. I've had some really good cuts there.

Avoid the Vidal Sassoon Acadamy. I looked like I'd had chemo by the time they had finished with me (which might have been slightly 'funny' if I wasn't working on a ward with 4 cancer patients!) - deconstructed my arse. Their 'real' salon at St Pauls put it right for free though, they were so distraught at the state of my hair!

ReputationRep:
    A trainee will cut your hair for free, my friend got hers done for free and it looks really good.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.