The Student Room Group

Third leave of absence

Hi,

I was diagnosed with BPD last month. I have been on a leave of absence this year after declining mental health. Unsurprisingly, the pandemic has caused my mental health to deteriorate. I care very much about my degree. I have already had two leave of absences, the first from 2017-18 and the second 2019-2020. The first due to a parent’s bereavement and the second due to undiagnosed BPD. I study psychology so I want to help others in the future in mental health. I really like my degree and it is one of the few good things in my life. I worked extremely hard to get into university, and for years studying was the only thing keeping me going (I love studying.) I am definitely in the worst place my mental health has ever been - I am struggling to cope with stress, on top of the bpd symptoms. I am unsure whether to take another leave of absence from university. This will be allowed because I have already asked about it. I am struggling so much. I am worried about the implications of this, what others think, and also what I think of myself for taking another break.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply