Am i getting strung along?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So i messaged this girl out the blue, the convo flowed really well, she followed to of my insta accounts and gave me her snap. Found out we had really similar interests and at the end of the convo she said i dont wanna sound self obsessed or anything but like im not really looking for anything i mean ur probably not moving to me anyway. and then shes like goodnight sleep well. Like bruh... what kinda girl whos not interested (she said she broke up with her ex of 2 years 4 months ago) chats to you for time... just a bit annoyed tbh. i mean if she msges me tomorrow ill just say it bluntly
annabel_39
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it is a bit odd, but to me it sounds like maybe she genuinely likes you but said she wasn’t interested because she’s not 100% sure yet. it probably doesn’t mean she isn’t completely interested, just that she needs to have time to think or maybe something from her past relationship is holding her back. you can if you want to, but i’d say maybe don’t be blunt with her because she probably wont react well, i’m a girl and i think we’d much rather you approach something like that in a mature way and as caring as possible. at the end of the day, you cant be angry for her feelings and if she has them for you or not. i get why you’re angry though, just try not to show it

hope you can talk to her again and see where things go
GabiAbi84
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just because a girl (or a guy) messages with you doesn’t mean they have to be interested in anything more.
She was clear that she isn’t interested in anything, making sure she wasn’t leading you in... where’s the problem here?
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What????
She's clearly stated she's not interested, she's not led you on at all? Messaging isn't always a sign of interest, I message plenty of people everyday who I have no interest romantically
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Just because a girl (or a guy) messages with you doesn’t mean they have to be interested in anything more.
She was clear that she isn’t interested in anything, making sure she wasn’t leading you in... where’s the problem here?
i think in my experience when girls want to be mates, they j dont like they dont rly give a ****, not reply for time dont say goodnight or good morning or anything. I have a vibe she isn't ready rather than not interested. Do i proceed to tell her that i dont wanna just talk and let her have her space from her past relationship?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by annabel_39)
it is a bit odd, but to me it sounds like maybe she genuinely likes you but said she wasn’t interested because she’s not 100% sure yet. it probably doesn’t mean she isn’t completely interested, just that she needs to have time to think or maybe something from her past relationship is holding her back. you can if you want to, but i’d say maybe don’t be blunt with her because she probably wont react well, i’m a girl and i think we’d much rather you approach something like that in a mature way and as caring as possible. at the end of the day, you cant be angry for her feelings and if she has them for you or not. i get why you’re angry though, just try not to show it

hope you can talk to her again and see where things go
i have the vibe she genuinely not ready, and wants time to self improve and ****. she messaged me good morning and were still talking. i asked her to meet but she said i dont wanna lead you onnn! im not ready to meet people like that and it would be unfair for u. Do i tell her i totally understand and just let her go sort of thing and when shes okay if shes interested shed pu? or carry on talking get to know her.
annabel_39
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i have the vibe she genuinely not ready, and wants time to self improve and ****. she messaged me good morning and were still talking. i asked her to meet but she said i dont wanna lead you onnn! im not ready to meet people like that and it would be unfair for u. Do i tell her i totally understand and just let her go sort of thing and when shes okay if shes interested shed pu? or carry on talking get to know her.
yes that’s defo the best thing to do! if she’s said she’s not ready the thing she wants you to say back is that you totally respect her not being ready and just be understanding about it really. maybe leave her to think about it, if you don’t talk to her for a little bit she’ll probably start thinking about you more, it’s weird but that’s kinda how girls work
GabiAbi84
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i think in my experience when girls want to be mates, they j dont like they dont rly give a ****, not reply for time dont say goodnight or good morning or anything. I have a vibe she isn't ready rather than not interested. Do i proceed to tell her that i dont wanna just talk and let her have her space from her past relationship?
Your question was “am I getting strung along”
The answer is No.
She has stated that she doesn’t want more and tbh it doesn’t really matter why she doesn’t want more- interested/not ready - she has said she doesn’t want more therefore you are not being strung along!

Where you go from here is up to you- you can either continue talking and hope that she changes her mind (which is unlikely if she’s stated it outright)
You can keep taking and get to know her with no expectations of anything happening.
Or you can stop talking to her cos it’s not going where you want it to.
What you Can’t do is claim to not know what she wants or claim to be getting strung along.
Vanessa Chuah
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, you're not getting lead on. She clearly said she didn't like u. Sorry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (64)
23.79%
Better than expected (56)
20.82%
Worse than expected (149)
55.39%

Watched Threads