Applying for drama school - should I mention getting a D in Higher Drama?

Watch
Grace_127
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone. I've got a question about applying to higher education.

Next year I'd like to apply for drama school. The one I'm looking at currently says that Higher English and/or Higher drama is preferred but not essential. In school, I did Advanced Higher English (got a B) and did Higher Drama, which I got a D in, unfortunately. There quite a few reasons why, namely because I panicked on the exam day, picked the wrong question, didn't answer it correctly, etc etc and my final performance didn't go as well as it should've. But, I've learned from my mistakes and I don't want to let a bad grade or a failure from my past determine what I do in the future.

Here's the thing. I do have a National 5 Drama qualification, which I did the year before, which I got an A in. Should I mention that I did Higher Drama and got a D, or should I leave it out altogether and only mention the National 5 qualification which I did well in?

I appreciate you taking the time to read this, and thanks for your help!
stereotypeasian
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
on UCAS you have to put all your qualifications you have received
I know people can do crash highers (without sitting the national 5 beforehand) and crash national 5 exams but I don't think you can sit an advanced higher without sitting the higher in the subject beforehand

wouldn't it be considered lying - which is unethical - if you left out one of your many qualifications that you have ?

sorry I wasn't too helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (93)
38.27%
Take autumn exams (78)
32.1%
Look for a job (8)
3.29%
Consider an apprenticeship (8)
3.29%
Take a year out (40)
16.46%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
6.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise