TJ1997
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Any thoughts about Soho tonight? Massive crowds and imho a complete disregard for the already massive freedoms granted to people..
LaPregunta
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I amazed. Unless I am mistaken, you believe freedom is granted. This is how liberty is taken so easily without fuss.
TJ1997
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LaPregunta)
I amazed. Unless I am mistaken, you believe freedom is granted. This is how liberty is taken so easily without fuss.
Yeah its ridiculous. Went down to London today and it was still the same; no social distancing, massive crowds, etc
looloo2134
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TJ1997)
Yeah its ridiculous. Went down to London today and it was still the same; no social distancing, massive crowds, etc
we will be back in lockdown soon
username4222532
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The police say they cant do a thing regards Social distancing as nothing has been written into law ? thats what l heard on tv today
Kitten in boots
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It is almost like deciding to ease lock down on a Saturday night was a bad thing.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
we need to send for

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ca/fb...5235a78105.jpg
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by laughinglad999)
The police say they cant do a thing regards Social distancing as nothing has been written into law ? thats what l heard on tv today
That is true.
Wōden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by looloo2134)
we will be back in lockdown soon
We will find out over the next month or two the true effects the lockdown has had on the economy and employment rates. And if it's bad (which I suspect it will be), there will be far less impetus to impose another lockdown.
Burridge
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This was always bound to happen. Soho isn't the exception, I think it's probably representative of things up-and-down the country. Whilst the cameras are around and people know they're being photographed, they'll probably make an effort to separate themselves - when the beers start flowing and bar staff begin cutting corners you wouldn't even know there was a pandemic on!
imlikeahermit
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Any thoughts about Soho tonight? Massive crowds and imho a complete disregard for the already massive freedoms granted to people..
The government and the police had this coming. They’ve got absolutely no mandate now to stop this from happening. I’ve said this on another thread previously and I’ll say it again here. By letting those BLM protests get so far out of hand like they did, no matter how worthy the cause, for example some police forces actually putting a section 60 in place to help facilitate the breaking of the law; they’ve got nowhere to go with this. No power, no reason for arrest because otherwise it is the ultimate double standard. That being said, why on Earth people are so insanely stupid that they’re flocking back to pubs like we’ve seen in soho and other places I have no idea.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It seems to me that mock berating of people who don't social distance is fast becoming a new British occupation. And with it the hypocrisy as from what I can see, everyone I know who complains about people who have not been playing by the rules have broken or stretched the rules to a certain extent.
looloo2134
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
It seems to me that mock berating of people who don't social distance is fast becoming a new British occupation. And with it the hypocrisy as from what I can see, everyone I know who complains about people who have not been playing by the rules have broken or stretched the rules to a certain extent.
Being in an at risk group I get very worried when I see people not social distancing. I'm not able to go to work or socialize I see this behave as a bit selfish.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Being in an at risk group I get very worried when I see people not social distancing. I'm not able to go to work or socialize I see this behave as a bit selfish.
It is selfish. But we have become a selfish country. "There is no such thing as society," said Margret Thatcher. "Screw you!" said neighbours who used to get on.

But at the same time, should millions of people give up their way of life to protect a small minority of "at risk" people? It is a tough call.

That said - the second wave is coming so that will focus a few minds. It is just a shame it doesn't really hit the selfish.
ManLakDis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yet the crowds looked less dense than when BLM had their protests in London and Bristol.
looloo2134
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
It is selfish. But we have become a selfish country. "There is no such thing as society," said Margret Thatcher. "Screw you!" said neighbours who used to get on.

But at the same time, should millions of people give up their way of life to protect a small minority of "at risk" people? It is a tough call.

That said - the second wave is coming so that will focus a few minds. It is just a shame it doesn't really hit the selfish.
I've just been on the train and less than half the people had masks on it does seem some people don't care.
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don’t really understand the problem. All of the people who are stood in the street are voluntarily stood on that street, in all likelihood understanding the risk they are putting themselves at. If they’re happy to risk it what’s the problem?
Last edited by Underscore__; 4 weeks ago
looloo2134
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Underscore__)
I don’t really understand the problem. All of the people who are stood in the street are voluntarily stood on that street, in all likelihood understanding the risk they are putting themselves at. If they’re happy to risk it what’s the problem?
They can give it to someone else.
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They can give it to someone else.
Someone else who is choosing to go outside and risk infection
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've just been on the train and less than half the people had masks on it does seem some people don't care.
I don't think people do care. And it comes right from the top starting with Dominic Cummings and Matt Hancock both who have been seen ignoring social distancing.

The other day, a woman dropped her purse by the cash machine. I ended up having to scream at her because she just ignored me. Everyone is just head down and ignore these days. Such a shame.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (190)
38.62%
Take autumn exams (151)
30.69%
Look for a job (17)
3.46%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.27%
Take a year out (85)
17.28%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.69%

Watched Threads