Are BTEC National Calculator Grades Accurate

Watch
A-Yellow-Spring
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, are BTEC National calculator grades accurate for diplomas and extended certificates if you already have all the grades from your units? Also when you finish the course are all of the internal and external unit grades sent to the board and how do they mark it for an overall grade?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by A-Yellow-Spring)
Hi, are BTEC National calculator grades accurate for diplomas and extended certificates if you already have all the grades from your units? Also when you finish the course are all of the internal and external unit grades sent to the board and how do they mark it for an overall grade?
Yes as long as you get the right calculator.
If you know all the grades then you can work out your final score and grade.
The only difference the external exam board can make is if they feel your teacher hasnt been marking to the spec properly but if they are satisfied they followed the rules, then you get the grade as calculated.
A-Yellow-Spring
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Yes as long as you get the right calculator.
If you know all the grades then you can work out your final score and grade.
The only difference the external exam board can make is if they feel your teacher hasnt been marking to the spec properly but if they are satisfied they followed the rules, then you get the grade as calculated.
I see, for the internal units, I heard that it's usually unlikely but sometimes they ask for the coursework to be sent in if they feel like the grade isn't up to scratch. If there internal grades for the units were to be remarked, at what time does Pearson do that when the grades are sent?
999tigger
Report 1 month ago
I see, for the internal units, I heard that it's usually unlikely but sometimes they ask for the coursework to be sent in if they feel like the grade isn't up to scratch. If there internal grades for the units were to be remarked, at what time does Pearson do that when the grades are sent?
You will need to ask your teacher or exam officer. It should be on the pearson website under deadlines.
Its all unlikely to happen, its more random spot checks.
A-Yellow-Spring
Rep:
?
You will need to ask your teacher or exam officer. It should be on the pearson website under deadlines.
Its all unlikely to happen, its more random spot checks.
I see, in that case could you link me to where it mentions the deadlines?
999tigger
Report 1 month ago
I see, in that case could you link me to where it mentions the deadlines?
You are worrying too much.
Asks your teacher its between them and Pearson to agree a date about what will be submitted. Yours may not be in which case the marks will stand.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...NQF_Firsts.pdf

They should already have told you if yours has been sent off or not.

You should really just expect the mark you got unless warned otherwise and if your teacher is experienced, then I wouldnt worry.
xyz99
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Where can I find this calculator?
A-Yellow-Spring
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
You are worrying too much.
Asks your teacher its between them and Pearson to agree a date about what will be submitted. Yours may not be in which case the marks will stand.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...NQF_Firsts.pdf

They should already have told you if yours has been sent off or not.

You should really just expect the mark you got unless warned otherwise and if your teacher is experienced, then I wouldnt worry.
They did warn me to finish the coursework as it is unlikely but may be possible and that they dont know when it will happen. Also I found this:

Name:  Screenshot_20200705-150656.png
Views: 7
Size:  176.5 KB
A-Yellow-Spring
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by xyz99)
Where can I find this calculator?
On Pearson's website, it's called "BTEC Nationals".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (189)
38.65%
Take autumn exams (149)
30.47%
Look for a job (17)
3.48%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.29%
Take a year out (85)
17.38%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.73%

Watched Threads