Lara160902
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I absolutely love physics but I just can’t do it. I find it so difficult, particularly at the moment. Any tips for improving?
SAARH.A5
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Are you an A level or GCSE student?
Attempt as many past paper questions as you can.
You should use the specification and examiners’ report to solidify your understanding of the course and how to answer exam questions.
By using a variety of resources, you’ll strengthen and deepen your knowledge. I'd recommend Science Shorts and Physics Online.
Calculations and practical skills are also two important areas to cover before your exam to ensure you get the most marks.
Also, make sure you fully understand each concept; you can almost guarantee that not understanding one thing will mean you won’t understand the next thing, and the thing after that...
Lara160902
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by SAARH.A5)
Are you an A level or GCSE student?
Attempt as many past paper questions as you can.
You should use the specification and examiners’ report to solidify your understanding of the course and how to answer exam questions.
By using a variety of resources, you’ll strengthen and deepen your knowledge. I'd recommend Science Shorts and Physics Online.
Calculations and practical skills are also two important areas to cover before your exam to ensure you get the most marks.
Also, make sure you fully understand each concept; you can almost guarantee that not understanding one thing will mean you won’t understand the next thing, and the thing after that...
I’m an alevel student. Definitely find the mathsy stuff more difficult than the concepts themselves. Thanks for the help
SAARH.A5
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Lara160902)
I’m an alevel student. Definitely find the mathsy stuff more difficult than the concepts themselves. Thanks for the help
I understand what you mean. You'll have to focus on past paper questions if your struggling with the mathsy stuff. The maths in physics is more of ‘applied’ maths, so that's why it's more difficult. Just keep practising applying your knowledge onto different types of questions.
As I mentioned above, using the examiners report is helpful for knowing how to answer exam questions & knowing where most students go wrong when answering questions. I found doing this useful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.67%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (83)
27.67%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (115)
38.33%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (39)
13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.33%

Watched Threads