The Proclan Law Thread

Watch
Poll: Do you think this rule or law should be in a country or countries that are on the planet Earth?
I think this rule or law should not be in a country or countries that are on the planet Earth. (0)
0%
I think this rule or law should be in a country or countries that are on the planet Earth. (0)
0%
mjhmichael18
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
The Proclan Law is a law that is in 10 countries in my fantasy world known by the name of Crea. This law has been in these countries since 1276 which is now a long long long time ago. Back then, everybody in these countries had 50 friends whose last names were 20 letters long and this meant that it took them 4 hours and 10 minutes to write people’s surnames on their Christmas card envelopes every year and people were thinking this is too much time to be spending on doing that. They also spent the same amount of time on writing people’s surnames on their friend’s birthday card envelopes every year as well so that is 8 hours and 20 minutes of time used up just by writing people’s surnames on card envelopes every year which is too too much time spent on doing that. They wanted to stop this and the only way they could think of stopping was by making a rule that would cause them to leave the country because of their long surname. This rule or law stated that:”If your surname is longer than 14 letters or characters including spaces, hyphens and every piece of punctuation that could be included in a surname, you must leave the country.”

Do you think this rule or law should be in a country or countries that are on the planet Earth?
Last edited by mjhmichael18; 1 month ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
Up to the countries themselves who make their own laws. Couldnt care either way especially if it was decided lawfully.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't people text nowadays rather than handwrite? :dontknow:

I also don't know of many names that long. Even something like Esmerelda doesn't come close.
mjhmichael18
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 04MR17)

I also don't know of many names that long. Even something like Esmerelda doesn't come close.
That is not surprising as the majority of the names that are that long are double barrelled or they include a space or spaces.

Most people who have a name of this length on Earth are Thai.
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 04MR17)

You haven’t met many Sri Lankans have you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (6)
4.38%
Confident (13)
9.49%
Indifferent (15)
10.95%
Unsure (30)
21.9%
Worried (73)
53.28%

Watched Threads