Bop2
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I was just wondering what the work is like? In terms of weekly or monthly what sort of assignments do you get?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Bop2)
I was just wondering what the work is like? In terms of weekly or monthly what sort of assignments do you get?
Psychology is heavily essay based, with a few reports chucked in. Workload varies depending on the uni and how much effort you want to put in. The majority of my assignments were essays, but we also had to do statistics and writing up reports/experiments in a professional manner. You'll be using SPSS to input and analyse your data. There will also be some qualitative reports, such as thematic analysis. You'll cover all of the research methods and do a few yourself in the assignments. For specifics, look at the university websites for the courses you are interested in as that will tell you roughly how they assess the modules.
username3508100
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I just finished first year

I had one practice essay, one marked essay, and two lab reports. I also had Christmas exams in each module which were mainly MCQs (but this is usually only the case in first year). I was supposed to have several more exams this summer but obviously due to Covid these were cancelled.

There is a lot of independent study involved, reading textbooks, reports, etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (212)
74.65%
No (72)
25.35%

Watched Threads