The Student Room Group

New rounded shape CCTV cameras

Hey guys I stopped in front of a rounded shape cctv camera and took my phone out wanted some help if these are just crime watch cameras and isn’t issuing fines for being on your phone
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Singercas22
Hey guys I stopped in front of a rounded shape cctv camera and took my phone out wanted some help if these are just crime watch cameras and isn’t issuing fines for being on your phone

So, I can't say for sure whether you are safe or not. But from what I found, the "phone detection" cameras look like the photo at the bottom. So the cameras you attached are probably some new better variants of CCTV or just general traffic cameras.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by zshahzada2014
So, I can't say for sure whether you are safe or not. But from what I found, the "phone detection" cameras look like the photo at the bottom. So the cameras you attached are probably some new better variants of CCTV or just general traffic cameras.

Yeah I’ve been searching vigorously last night to see if anything matches up as that was the exact street I stopped on and okay thank you! :smile:
Original post by Singercas22

Don't go on your phone whilst driving maybe??? They're street cams.
Original post by zshahzada2014

What... No they're not. They're infrared spotlights, and usually they're found next to SPECS or Vector average speed cameras.
Reply 5
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Don't go on your phone whilst driving maybe??? They're street cams.

What... No they're not. They're infrared spotlights, and usually they're found next to SPECS or Vector average speed cameras.

Yeah I really really feel guilty as I am a person that never ever did this before but I was in a situation where regrettable I used my phone would never do it again. Also there’s no speed cameras on that road just before these cameras there’s a traffic light

Bro, I have no idea what that means. I did a google search and these cameras came up. Maybe they are what you say or not, I can't say for sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending