Want more information about this university?
Leahtaylor125
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
hey, hope your all ok, I have been looking at universities for 2022 entry. I have narrowed it down to 4. I really like the look of Sheffield Hallam. I would be doing primary education with QTS. could anyone give me more information on the university, area and entry requirements ect please.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Leahtaylor125)
hey, hope your all ok, I have been looking at universities for 2022 entry. I have narrowed it down to 4. I really like the look of Sheffield Hallam. I would be doing primary education with QTS. could anyone give me more information on the university, area and entry requirements ect please.
https://www.shu.ac.uk/courses/teachi...atus/full-time
Entry requirements are on the page.

I posted a response to someone who was asking what Sheffield was like I believe in the Sheffield forum.

https://www.studentcrowd.com/univers...sity-sheffield

There are some Hallam student regulars on here and I believe there reps used to be very helpful.
Leahtaylor125
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
https://www.shu.ac.uk/courses/teachi...atus/full-time
Entry requirements are on the page.

I posted a response to someone who was asking what Sheffield was like I believe in the Sheffield forum.

https://www.studentcrowd.com/univers...sity-sheffield

There are some Hallam student regulars on here and I believe there reps used to be very helpful.
brilliant thanks that's really helpful
999tigger
Report 4 months ago
brilliant thanks that's really helpful
There are lots of threads about Sheffield on the Sheffield uni page, just dont feel like retyping.
The SHU reps can chase any specific questions about the course and try to put you in touch with someone on the course.
If you have specific Sheffield questions then you can get help on sheffieldforum.
Sheffield Hallam University
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi Leahtaylor125 , we're glad you like the look of Sheffield Hallam!

There is plenty of information to explore on the website on our Teaching and Education course pages and in our study here section including student stories and explore Sheffield! You can chat to some our current students on our chat platform who are happy to offer their opinion of the university and all it's services as well as answer any questions you have about student life in Sheffield. Our next open day will be in the Autumn but you can take a look at what happened on our online June open day and book onto the next one on this page. There are lots of links to useful videos and information including all our services, support you will receive here and campus tours. Please let me know if you have any specific questions and I will do my best to answer.

- Ella
Leahtaylor125
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sheffield Hallam University)
Hi Leahtaylor125 , we're glad you like the look of Sheffield Hallam!

There is plenty of information to explore on the website on our Teaching and Education course pages and in our study here section including student stories and explore Sheffield! You can chat to some our current students on our chat platform who are happy to offer their opinion of the university and all it's services as well as answer any questions you have about student life in Sheffield. Our next open day will be in the Autumn but you can take a look at what happened on our online June open day and book onto the next one on this page. There are lots of links to useful videos and information including all our services, support you will receive here and campus tours. Please let me know if you have any specific questions and I will do my best to answer.

- Ella
hi Ella,
thanks for getting back to me, the website says that for my course it's 96 UCAS points in clearing. do you know how many it is outside of clearing? many thanks
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi Leahtaylor125

I am a third year Law student at Hallam. The teaching courses are currently taught at City Campus. The city campus is right in the city centre so there are loads of high street shops, cinemas, and restaurants nearby. Which is always handy if you need to buy something or want to eat of campus. The student’s union is also right near city campus, which hosts a lot of student events.

Sheffield has two large universities, so is a very student friendly city. Although there is lots to do, it has a very close knit feeling as everything is so close by. It is also quite cheap for living costs, and most places offer student discount.

One of my favorite things about Sheffield is how green it is, and how close it is to the peak district. A bus ticket is only £1 for students so it’s really easy and affordable to get around and explore different places.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

Zaira 😊
Leahtaylor125
Rep:
?
(Original post by hallamstudents)
Hi Leahtaylor125

I am a third year Law student at Hallam. The teaching courses are currently taught at City Campus. The city campus is right in the city centre so there are loads of high street shops, cinemas, and restaurants nearby. Which is always handy if you need to buy something or want to eat of campus. The student’s union is also right near city campus, which hosts a lot of student events.

Sheffield has two large universities, so is a very student friendly city. Although there is lots to do, it has a very close knit feeling as everything is so close by. It is also quite cheap for living costs, and most places offer student discount.

One of my favorite things about Sheffield is how green it is, and how close it is to the peak district. A bus ticket is only £1 for students so it’s really easy and affordable to get around and explore different places.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

Zaira 😊
that's absolutely wonderful thanks, I love the look of the uni. I'm going to try and visit after September. I was just wondering if you knew much about the accomodation?

thanks
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
that's absolutely wonderful thanks, I love the look of the uni. I'm going to try and visit after September. I was just wondering if you knew much about the accomodation?

thanks
Hi Leahtaylor125

Unfortunately I didn't stay in the university accommodation so don't know much about it. However, you can speak to other students using our chat to a student platform and get their opinions of the accommodation they have stayed in. Also, I think their has been a few threads on this forum where people have given their thoughts on different accommodations so you could also look at those.

Zaira
Leahtaylor125
Rep:
?
(Original post by hallamstudents)
Hi Leahtaylor125

Unfortunately I didn't stay in the university accommodation so don't know much about it. However, you can speak to other students using our chat to a student platform and get their opinions of the accommodation they have stayed in. Also, I think their has been a few threads on this forum where people have given their thoughts on different accommodations so you could also look at those.

Zaira
brilliant thanks for all of your help
Sheffield Hallam University
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
hi Ella,
thanks for getting back to me, the website says that for my course it's 96 UCAS points in clearing. do you know how many it is outside of clearing? many thanks
Hi Leahtaylor125,

Sorry we missed your response, I think I've responded to you on our applicant chat thread now but the entry requirements outside of clearing for this course is 112 UCAS points I hope our student ambassador helped you, please let us know if you have any other questions and remember we have a weekly live chat Wednesdays 1-4pm where you can speak to staff across a range of services at the University!

- Ella
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (657)
33.55%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (831)
42.44%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (381)
19.46%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.55%

Watched Threads