The Student Room Group

Which side are you on? Keeping Virginity till Marriage or losing it in teen ages?

In Muslim countries PEOPLE specially Girls have to keep their virginity and having sex before marriage is a crime but situation in other countries differs for example in the U.S %90 of people lose their virginity before age of 20 . Which one is better in your view ?
If you wanne answer pls mention your gender , age and virginity status or what age did you lose it and if you regret losing it or not .Tnx
I’m on the ‘losing it to someone you love and trust’ side

And I want to stay anonymous on those other questions
Original post by TheStarboy

PRSOM
Original post by Habib__1971
In Muslim countries PEOPLE specially Girls have to keep their virginity and having sex before marriage is a crime but situation in other countries differs for example in the U.S %90 of people lose their virginity before age of 20 . Which one is better in your view ?
If you wanne answer pls mention your gender , age and virginity status or what age did you lose it and if you regret losing it or not .Tnx

I'm nearly 16 and a virgin. I'd want to lose it in my late teens but not just for the sake of it, to someone I love hopefully.
Reply 4
Original post by georgeparasol12
I'm nearly 16 and a virgin. I'd want to lose it in my late teens but not just for the sake of it, to someone I love hopefully.

if you are a boy 16 is TOO SOON .
I'm on the side of who gives a f*ck :dontknow:
Reply 6
:frown::frown::frown:
Reply 7
Original post by TheStarboy

Spoiler

Personally for myself until marriage.
27y/o male.
Lost at 16 to someone I was with for 2 years.
Then with someone I was with for 3 years
There were a few short term partners in between, but I’m not one of meaningless sex and hated myself when it happened.

Now with someone for over a year and we haven’t had sex, doesn’t bother me at all. She’s catholic and I’ve now matured to understand there’s more important things.

Of course now at times I think I could have waited, but I feel in the past it was necessary to bring me closer to the person I was with. The most important thing to me now is to understand how the past relationships have made me a better partner, and to focus on the positive experiences.
Original post by Anonymous
27y/o male.
Lost at 16 to someone I was with for 2 years.
Then with someone I was with for 3 years
There were a few short term partners in between, but I’m not one of meaningless sex and hated myself when it happened.

Now with someone for over a year and we haven’t had sex, doesn’t bother me at all. She’s catholic and I’ve now matured to understand there’s more important things.

Of course now at times I think I could have waited, but I feel in the past it was necessary to bring me closer to the person I was with. The most important thing to me now is to understand how the past relationships have made me a better partner, and to focus on the positive experiences.

good view .TNX
I don't side with either of the two positions that you have outlined.
My mother & maternal grandmother support sexual abstinence until marriage for religious reasons.
My father is a noisy militant atheist, my paternal uncle was into the 'no strings' lifestyle and never had any regrets about his sexual adventures.
Most of my female ancestors got married as teenagers, none ever divorced or married for a second time.

I believe that people in Britain over the minimum legal age of sexual consent have the right to decide for themselves when they feel ready to consent to sex, choose all their sexual partners and the type of relationship arrangement that they feel suits them best.
I'm female, 25 years old, happily single and did not choose abstinence until marriage.
Reply 12
I think there's probably a good in between of losing it when you are ready and not for the sake of losing it
On the side of being able to explore all kinds of sex with all kinds of people when I was of legal age to do so rather than wait until a marriage that I don't plan on having, just because some higher being somewhere says I have to. I don't plan on being celibate at any point in my life if I can help it. I'm of the view that you've only got 1 life and are only young once so why not live it to the full by trying out different things.
Original post by Habib__1971
if you are a boy 16 is TOO SOON .

Yeah I'm a guy, and I said late teens. Plus I know loads of people my age who aren't virgins its fine, as long as they're safe.
Lost it in my very early teens and happy with that.
Reply 16
If they want to lose it in their teenage years? Cool.
Only after marriage? Okay.

It does not concern me as to what point in their lives people lose their virginity. As long as its consensual, and nothing iffy, than its not my place to judge.
Neither. I feel the best time is anytime from age 18* onwards regardless of relationship status.

*I know 16 is the age of consent but I feel it's too low.
Neither, these aren't the only two possibilities

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending