userx805
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I will hopefully be applying to study computer science at university next year. My first choice is to study at ucl since I live in london and would prefer to stay. However, I'm unsure whether I'd recieve an offer due to how competitive the degree is. I'm considering applying to a different degree (similar to cs, such as electrical engineering?) at ucl and applying to cs for the remaining four choices. Would this be possible? Which degrees are the closest to cs? Do you have any advice on writing a personal statement on two different degrees?
mike23mike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by userx805)
I will hopefully be applying to study computer science at university next year. My first choice is to study at ucl since I live in london and would prefer to stay. However, I'm unsure whether I'd recieve an offer due to how competitive the degree is. I'm considering applying to a different degree (similar to cs, such as electrical engineering?) at ucl and applying to cs for the remaining four choices. Would this be possible? Which degrees are the closest to cs? Do you have any advice on writing a personal statement on two different degrees?
It a tough one. If CS is what you want to do then perhaps you have to accept not getting in at UCL. It will look odd that you apply for EEE at UCL and CS everywhere else. Hard to explain in your personal statement.
userx805
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by mike23mike)
It a tough one. If CS is what you want to do then perhaps you have to accept not getting in at UCL. It will look odd that you apply for EEE at UCL and CS everywhere else. Hard to explain in your personal statement.
yeah I was thinking the same thing. do you know any degrees that are closer to cs?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (210)
38.53%
Take autumn exams (164)
30.09%
Look for a job (19)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.04%
Take a year out (97)
17.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.06%

Watched Threads