Globalisation is impossible to stop, due to the Internet

Watch
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
There's no way governments or voter's even (Brexit) can stop globalisation.

All of the world's knowledge is accessible via Google... Or can be purchased in a glossy package by various providers....
It's simply a matter of communication digitally... If you want anything you can buy it in a globalised marketplace (Amazon). If you don't want to watch your local media you can access all the world's media (YouTube, Netflix). Central banks work together to achieve their singular global mandate (maintaining price stability and controlling inflation).

The populist ting of polticians like Trump and Boris are doomed to fail, so why do voters waste their vote on such irrational and unimplementable policy.

So why are people still anti-globalisation... I feel like it's lost energy. We should simply embrace it and try to maximise shared prosperity.
Just my opinion
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If anything I would say the opposite. Globalisation is facing its first real opposition from ordinary people because they can discuss such ideas online.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Just my opinion)
If anything I would say the opposite. Globalisation is facing its first real opposition from ordinary people because they can discuss such ideas online.
I could see that also, but there's little evidence of populism even slowing globalism down... If anything it seems to be feeding it.

Perfect example, the UK needs immigration, high level government knows this...BJ used working class people to get brexit done....populist voter's don't want immigration especially those from poorer area's... Yet BJ provides a lifeline to 3,000,000 HKers who actually could come to the UK that are highly skilled and take away job's from British citizens that indeed commit alot more to the wealth of Britain then anything like fishermen, factory workers, or working class individuals from Eastern Europe could do. Yet where is the outrage? Such a misinformed and ineffective worldview. Hardly beating globalisation when it counts and rather self inflicting damage.....by losing immediate market access critical for cost sensitive non knowledge workers industries.... 😂.
Last edited by Realitysreflexx; 1 month ago
Khanthebrit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I agree for the most part, and only a truly autocratic totalitarian government would be able to stop it, which would cause huge economic deterioration or an economic output that dwarves global players. For instance, North Korea. So it's not really in Boris's or Trump's interests to truly be anti-globalization.

At the end of the day, the birth of modern technology created globalization. In my eyes, what started it is the only way that could possibly destroy it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (37)
23.87%
Better than expected (34)
21.94%
Worse than expected (84)
54.19%

Watched Threads