faista1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
hi I’m 6’2 and I just turned 15. Thing is my dad is 5’10 and my mum is 5’4. Do you think I’ll grow any taller? I really wanna be 6’5 . I am still growing a bit I’ve grown .5 of an inch now I’m almost 6’3.
screweverything
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
dunno, height is random
faista1
Rep:
?
(Original post by screweverything)
dunno, height is random
how tall are you and how tall are your parents . I’m trying to see my chances
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You don't want to be much taller, leg room starts becoming a problem and doorways become the enemy.
MrBen&Jerrys
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by faista1)
hi I’m 6’2 and I just turned 15. Thing is my dad is 5’10 and my mum is 5’4. Do you think I’ll grow any taller? I really wanna be 6’5 . I am still growing a bit I’ve grown .5 of an inch now I’m almost 6’3.
You probably will, Mr. Lanky.
--Student
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I was around 6'3" at age 14, I'm now 6'6" at age 26. I generally stopped growing at around age 19-20.
My mother is 5'8" and my father is 6'2".

Either way you could stop growing at 6'3" it completely depends on the person.
Hoodlum123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Height is an example of polygenic inheritance meaning it's determined by a mixture of your parent's genes but is also massively affected by environmental factors such as diet. My mums roughly 5'8 as a guesstimate and my dad is 6'0 (also not sure). I'm the same height as my dad but I doubt I'll grow more (really don't want to grow more). 16 by the way.
screweverything
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
how tall are you and how tall are your parents . I’m trying to see my chances
I'm 5'9, dad is 6'0 and mum is 5'4.
faista1
Rep:
?
I'm 5'9, dad is 6'0 and mum is 5'4.
how old ? your prob gonna grow to my height aswell
screweverything
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
how old ? your prob gonna grow to my height aswell
I'm 19. I'm done "growing".
faista1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hoodlum123)
Height is an example of polygenic inheritance meaning it's determined by a mixture of your parent's genes but is also massively affected by environmental factors such as diet. My mums roughly 5'8 as a guesstimate and my dad is 6'0 (also not sure). I'm the same height as my dad but I doubt I'll grow more (really don't want to grow more). 16 by the way.
i play basketball everyday im active I eat a ton of chicken and egg everyday. I actually eat very nutritional food so what you think ? Will I make it to 6’5?
faista1
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDec)
You don't want to be much taller, leg room starts becoming a problem and doorways become the enemy.
that’s true but 6’5 for basketball is nice. You can easily dunk a basketball and stuff
annabel_39
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
there’s a prediction thing you can do at the age of 2 or 3 where you put in your child height and then it calculates what they should be when they’re a fully grown adult. my parents did it for me and i was estimated 5”7 which sounded about right (my dad is 6”3, my mum is 5”3.). turns out that prediction was very accurate, i’m now 16 and 5”6, but still growing very slowly. my dad thinks i’ll end up 5”7 like i was predicted to.

not saying it works for everyone because some people’s can be way off! but for most girls i know who are my age, they are in the middle of their parents heights. for example, one of my friend has parents 5”0 and 5”9 and she’s 5”4!

i dont think it’s the same with boys though. considering your dad is 5”10 (which is actually still above average) it’s surprising enough that you’ve got to 6”2, so i wouldn’t expect you to actually get any taller. but i’m not an expert and you never know!
faista1
Rep:
?
(Original post by annabel_39)
there’s a prediction thing you can do at the age of 2 or 3 where you put in your child height and then it calculates what they should be when they’re a fully grown adult. my parents did it for me and i was estimated 5”7 which sounded about right (my dad is 6”3, my mum is 5”3.). turns out that prediction was very accurate, i’m now 16 and 5”6, but still growing very slowly. my dad thinks i’ll end up 5”7 like i was predicted to.

not saying it works for everyone because some people’s can be way off! but for most girls i know who are my age, they are in the middle of their parents heights. for example, one of my friend has parents 5”0 and 5”9 and she’s 5”4!

i dont think it’s the same with boys though. considering your dad is 5”10 (which is actually still above average) it’s surprising enough that you’ve got to 6”2, so i wouldn’t expect you to actually get any taller. but i’m not an expert and you never know!
I mean I’m growing a bit like a quarter of an inch a month. Before I’d grow 1-2 inches month
faista1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
dunno, height is random
bruh im 6 '3 now
2003a39
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
6'2" or 6'5", you'll feel the same. It's probably because 6'5" sounds godlike to you but height isn't important. I'm 7.5 inches shorter and a male and I'm not really bothered. However, do what you want to be that height, I shouldn't be telling you that though.
faista1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 2003a39)
6'2" or 6'5", you'll feel the same. It's probably because 6'5" sounds godlike to you but height isn't important. I'm 7.5 inches shorter and a male and I'm not really bothered. However, do what you want to be that height, I shouldn't be telling you that though.
yeah I agree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
56.92%
I don't have everything I need (193)
43.08%

Watched Threads