Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Obviously a lot of people would say London as it is the capital city of England and one of the largest cities in the world. There is a lot going on but the prices are not good by the way. EXPENSIVE

If I did move out from London it would have to be to another big city. I can't imagine living in a rural area.

ReputationRep:
    Manchestaaaah! Or Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    i really really wanted to like manchester but i didnt like the uni or some of the staff i met on my open day so it really put me off
    wanted to like liverpool too but didnt like the campus or buildings etc

thought newcastle was too close to home but regreting it a bit now.
    whats so good about newcastle?

I ended up going to Sheffield....hope it's good (only been on two opens days and did love it at the time but dont know much else about it), couple of people have mentioned it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by my[s)
    favorite[/s]things...]well you would say that!

not that i'm complaining since i'm going too :ninja:
    Haha :p: :woo:

:thumbsup: We have good reason to big it up then! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supraking164)
    Following these criterias:
    -Good Nightlife
    -Lots of clubs and parties going on
    -Good sports equipment (in the campus)
    -Lots of social clubs to join
    -Not a dangerous city (low crime)
    -Good variety of races and nationalities (students)

Is there any city with a very nice and social campus??

PS: derby and bath look good.

SWANSEA- fills the critieria no problem

amazing night life..the mile, wind street, woodys..ridiculous amount of parties during freshers week

Sports wise theres varsity, huge uni sport centre..even got some a student there that plaus for the welsh rugby team

relatively safe low crime..locals very friendly, can happily leave my car unlocked for a night without little worry, plus the location is stunning..city and beach in one place

REAL big mix of welsh, english..irish students, plus a large international base with study abroad options etc..

swansea is where it's at

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    SWANSEA- fills the critieria no problem

amazing night life..the mile, wind street, woodys..ridiculous amount of parties during freshers week

Sports wise theres varsity, huge uni sport centre..even got some a student there that plaus for the welsh rugby team

relatively safe low crime..locals very friendly, can happily leave my car unlocked for a night without little worry, plus the location is stunning..city and beach in one place

REAL big mix of welsh, english..irish students, plus a large international base with study abroad options etc..

swansea is where it's at
    are you an admissions tutor for swansea :p: ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweetliketropicana)
    are you an admissions tutor for swansea :p: ?

lol no.. but seriously, academically swansea has great potential, improving by the year..and has good RAE results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    You plank, Warwick university is in Coventry which is a city. I implied that pretty strongly in my previous post but I see it was wasted on you. Post #11 by op asks about a campus in a city-- Warwick is both. So get your facts straight and stop acting like a smart ass because you clearly are not by your comments.
    Haha sorry, you clearly are just too intelligent for me. Unfortunately, I live in Leamington, and as anyone familiar with the region will know, that even though described as a 'city uni', the main campus of Warwick is in a pretty random place, just outside of the city on it's fringes. Hardly what can truly be called a 'city university' in any meaningful sense of the word. Plus, the city your talking about is cov, so its hardly braggable. Ass.

Get better information next time, rather than relying on Wikipedia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tompark)
    Haha sorry, you clearly are just too intelligent for me. Unfortunately, I live in Leamington, and as anyone familiar with the region will know, that even though described as a 'city uni', the main campus of Warwick is in a pretty random place, just outside of the city on it's fringes. Hardly what can truly be called a 'city university' in any meaningful sense of the word. Plus, the city your talking about is cov, so its hardly braggable. Ass.

Get better information next time, rather than relying on Wikipedia
    Oh what was that I hear? Warwick uni is in Coventry? Oh yes, it's a city you quietly admit. If it's in a city, it's in a city it doesn't matter where and a 10 minute drive to the city centre hardly makes it rural-- if Nottingham can be classed as a city uni by some, I dont see why Warwick cant. I dont hear people from Canley saying they live in the country by any stretch. So you were obviously wrong the whole time you pillock.

I don't care where you live, you obviously can't understand the geography or read a thread.

ReputationRep:
    Oh what was that I hear? Warwick uni is in Coventry? Oh yes, it's a city you quietly admit. If it's in a city, it's in a city it doesn't matter where and a 10 minute drive to the city centre hardly makes it rural-- if Nottingham can be classed as a city uni by some, I dont see why Warwick cant. So you were obviously wrong the whole time you pillock.

I don't care where you live, you obviously can't understand the geography or read a thread title.
    Errr, but it isn't. I think the guy you're quoting made that pretty clear.

Also, you might want to calm down a little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrPhil)
    Errr, but it isn't. I think the guy you're quoting made that pretty clear.

Also, you might want to calm down a little.
    Warwick uni is in Coventry, quite clearly.
    Read his posts in this thread. I find his attitude condescending. I am totally calm :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supraking164)
    what's so good about newcastle??
    WELL!!

-LOTS of nightlife, two big unis, and a massive college. There are loads of clubs, bars etc.
    -Nice places to live. jesmond is really smart, heaton is pretty nice
    -Not very rough (contrary to popular belief)
    -Everything is close, half an hour walk max
    -Really cheap. The south is so expensive in comparison. A room in the nicest part is max. going to be £70 a week.

It is generally just a pretty cool place, and the coast and countryside are really easy to get to too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    lol no.. but seriously, academically swansea has great potential, improving by the year..and has good RAE results
    Have you studied there?
    I got a place at Swansea Uni in Clearing but I am still hesitating whether to go or not...

ReputationRep:
    Oh what was that I hear? Warwick uni is in Coventry? Oh yes, it's a city you quietly admit. If it's in a city, it's in a city it doesn't matter where and a 10 minute drive to the city centre hardly makes it rural-- if Nottingham can be classed as a city uni by some, I dont see why Warwick cant. I dont hear people from Canley saying they live in the country by any stretch. So you were obviously wrong the whole time you pillock.

I don't care where you live, you obviously can't understand the geography or read a thread.
    10 minute drive to the city centre? Yeah, all those students with cars yeah? The OP was asking for city uni's, and when did I say that any of those uni's were city uni's? Sort it out mate

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool obviously!

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool. I am biased though as I live here, was a student here, and still am!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.