Predicted A*AA but have to go lower tier uni.Transfer queries

Watch
amber2106
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have been predicted A*AA by my tutors however as an independent applicant, whose already on their gap year, I am not in a position where I can defer, I have to go to uni this year or before 2021. As a result I've had to apply at universites that allow January intake. But the requirements for those unis are CCC OR BBC.
I have also applied to uni for sep 2020 but the universities are only willing to take me on of I can provide results within 6 weeks of starting which would not be possible, as results are to be given near Christmas. I am hoping to apply to a better uni as soon as possible

My questions are, when's the soonest I can transfer?
Will I have to retake the year?
Do all universities accept transfers?
I'm Hoping to study Law LLB at University.
Any advice would really be appreciated 😊
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by amber2106)
I have been predicted A*AA by my tutors however as an independent applicant, whose already on their gap year, I am not in a position where I can defer, I have to go to uni this year or before 2021. As a result I've had to apply at universites that allow January intake. But the requirements for those unis are CCC OR BBC.
I have also applied to uni for sep 2020 but the universities are only willing to take me on of I can provide results within 6 weeks of starting which would not be possible, as results are to be given near Christmas. I am hoping to apply to a better uni as soon as possible

My questions are, when's the soonest I can transfer?
Will I have to retake the year?
Do all universities accept transfers?
I'm Hoping to study Law LLB at University.
Any advice would really be appreciated 😊
The likelyhood is that you won't be able to transfer until September 2021. Some unis will let you transfer into second year, but this is very much only allowed on a case by case basis and is dependent on them having space available.To get a second year transfer, the uni has to be convinced that your first year modules will prepare you for second year study at their uni.

If you are willing to retake the year, you can apply to any uni you like as a normal applicant- the fact you've done a year elsewhere won't be held against you, but you would need to apply by the 15th Jan deadline.

The first step would be emailing unis once you know your grades to see if they'd accept you as a second year transfer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (78)
38.81%
Take autumn exams (66)
32.84%
Look for a job (6)
2.99%
Consider an apprenticeship (7)
3.48%
Take a year out (31)
15.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.47%

Watched Threads