The Student Room Group

q&a for the guys

heyyy so i tried doing a thread where boys can ask questions buttt i didn’t do it with an anon option so i’m sorry about that :frown: idk if this is gonna work either bc i don’t use tsr that much and i’m lowkey clueless lolll

but yeah if you guys have any questions for girls then ask away because i’m bored and i think i can give good answers :smile: can be anything, i ain’t gonna judge don’t worry
Reply 1
Hi again! :biggrin:
Good luck this time x
Reply 2
Let's get this one out the way. Looks do matter to girls (not in a shallow way and not that anything else doesn't count) but let's be honest... girls do take looks into consideration just like guys. Right?
Original post by Stb1750
Let's get this one out the way. Looks do matter to girls (not in a shallow way and not that anything else doesn't count) but let's be honest... girls do take looks into consideration just like guys. Right?

do you mean if girls think looks are more important than personality/sense of humour etc? i think looks are definitely important for most girls, otherwise you wouldn’t have girls saying “he’s hot because he looks like zayn malik from one direction”. it’s like with tinder, you hardly know anything about the person but you can be attracted to them just by seeing their pictures, therefore i’d looks probably matter more than personality
Reply 4
Original post by Stb1750

Looks definitely play a part but it’s personality that keeps someone with you. Unless they are super shallow 😖
Reply 5
Original post by annabel_39
do you mean if girls think looks are more important than personality/sense of humour etc? i think looks are definitely important for most girls, otherwise you wouldn’t have girls saying “he’s hot because he looks like zayn malik from one direction”. it’s like with tinder, you hardly know anything about the person but you can be attracted to them just by seeing their pictures, therefore i’d looks probably matter more than personality

Original post by Moonbow
Looks definitely play a part but it’s personality that keeps someone with you. Unless they are super shallow 😖

Finally. Some honesty. It is refreshing. Like I know some people find it hard to hear that looks do play an important part in dating (whether that be more or less so than personality is subjective to each individual, but the point is that it's taken into account regardless); I am not exactly a walking talking 10/10 guy myself, but whenever you hear the "personality is more important" or "I only look for personality"; and then you see what girls end up going for then it's just obvious.

It's the only reason why I asked. I wanted to see if someone would actually notice and admit (unashamedly, because you shouldn't be) that looks do play a part more than what some would admit and regardless of to which extent.

Thank you!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending