The Student Room Group

Unmatched but still getting messages?

Hi so I was chatting to this person on tinder for a few days and the convo was going ok but yesterday I unmatched them as I felt uncomfortable about some of the things on their social media. I therefore unmatched and also deleted them off various socials.

However this morning I checked my phone and can see that I have a message request on fb from this person. I went into it and they seem quite annoyed and upset about why it is I unmatched them and that I didn’t give them a reason ect.

I’ve replied explaining why but I just feel quite uneasy as I thought that choosing to unmatch would mean they would get the message and wouldn’t contact me.

I’m now somewhat concerned that this messaging may continue and I don’t know what to do about it. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks
Can you block them on FB and any other method they have to contact you? (Deleting will not stop them being able to contact you)
Do you know them IRL or was it just through tinder?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84
Can you block them on FB and any other method they have to contact you? (Deleting will not stop them being able to contact you)
Do you know them IRL or was it just through tinder?

I’ve messaged to say I’m not interested in speaking anymore ect and that I don’t wanna meet up. So hopefully that’s the end of the convo. It is just through tinder I don’t know them in real life
Block them
Though weird they managed to find you on fb as you don't give your surname out on tinder.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi so I was chatting to this person on tinder for a few days and the convo was going ok but yesterday I unmatched them as I felt uncomfortable about some of the things on their social media. I therefore unmatched and also deleted them off various socials.

However this morning I checked my phone and can see that I have a message request on fb from this person. I went into it and they seem quite annoyed and upset about why it is I unmatched them and that I didn’t give them a reason ect.

I’ve replied explaining why but I just feel quite uneasy as I thought that choosing to unmatch would mean they would get the message and wouldn’t contact me.

I’m now somewhat concerned that this messaging may continue and I don’t know what to do about it. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Personally I'd at least give them a clue on why you don't want to talk to them, in your shoes.

Maybe I'm just too nice though (though I don't think so, lol). I think it's reasonable to at least throw people a bone and tell them what they did wrong. Instead of ghosting them. How they respond to the advise is up to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending